Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Have We Learned So Far This Year?

Recovering Cubs Fan

What Have We Learned So Far This Year?

I know this should be more of an end-of-the-year thing. But this off day is excruciating, so what the hey.

1. I have learned that Walt Jocketty and Dusty Baker apparently know way more about baseball than I do. But that's okay, because they get paid millions of dollars and I don't.

2. I have learned that somewhere on Joey Votto there must be a switch. The lowest setting is "Really Good", the middle setting is "Awesome", and the highest setting is "Better Than Pujols". Who knew?

3. I have learned that you can take the letters from the name "Aroldis Chapman", and rearrange them to spell the phrase "Das Holi Crap Man". I do not know what this means.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Have We Learned So Far This Year?

That, "The Sky is Always Falling" in the SunDeck.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

That there is still baseball in September, who knew?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I know this should be more of an end-of-the-year thing. But this off day is excruciating, so what the hey.

1. I have learned that Walt Jocketty and Dusty Baker apparently know way more about baseball than I do. But that's okay, because they get paid millions of dollars and I don't.

2. I have learned that somewhere on Joey Votto there must be a switch. The lowest setting is "Really Good", the middle setting is "Awesome", and the highest setting is "Better Than Pujols". Who knew?

3. I have learned that you can take the letters from the name "Aroldis Chapman", and rearrange them to spell the phrase "Das Holi Crap Man". I do not know what this means.
    I'll definitely agree with those, and add another:

I knew the Reds had a good amount of young talent in their system, but I didn't realize exactly how much. A lot we've already got a glimpse of this year at the big league level, and more waiting in the minors. Talent-wise, Walt Jocketty has the Reds organization going in a direction we haven't seen in a very long time. It's a really, really exciting time to be a Reds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    That there is still baseball in September, who knew?
    This!!!! I am not used to caring after the all star game, let alone thinking playoffs this late in the year. I am usually reserved to checking box scores here and there, paying more attention to minors, and looking forward to football. It is quite refreshing for me right now to have winning Reds baseball to focus on, cause football is sure gonna stink fo rme this year.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post

while Votto has had a great season, that 'Better then Pujols' setting has yet to be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    This!!!! I am not used to caring after the all star game, let alone thinking playoffs this late in the year. I am usually reserved to checking box scores here and there, paying more attention to minors, and looking forward to football. It is quite refreshing for me right now to have winning Reds baseball to focus on, cause football is sure gonna stink fo rme this year.
    I hear you, Bounty. You'd just better pray that the trouble on Tobacco Road doesn't spill over into the Dean Dome. In the mean time, keep on watcin' those Redlegs win! And if you ever want to talk about all the ways Duke sucks, and how Coach K is a fraud...I'll buy you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    while Votto has had a great season, that 'Better then Pujols' setting has yet to be achieved.
    Really?? Cause right now Votto has a better BA, OBP, OPS, and RBI's! I think that all adds up to 'Better than Pujols'. Now it remains to be seen if that can be sustained.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

That baseball is fun to watch!! I haven't paid this much attention since 1990.

What I've learned...

The Reds have turned the corner into a legitimate contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I hear you, Bounty. You'd just better pray that the trouble on Tobacco Road doesn't spill over into the Dean Dome. In the mean time, keep on watcin' those Redlegs win! And if you ever want to talk about all the ways Duke sucks, and how Coach K is a fraud...I'll buy you a beer.
    We can trade off drinks all night, thats one of my fav past times your talking about!!!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Really?? Cause right now Votto has a better BA, OBP, OPS, and RBI's! I think that all adds up to 'Better than Pujols'. Now it remains to be seen if that can be sustained.
    yes he has a small lead over an injuried Pujols right now. Again Votto is a stud, but he is not in Pujols league till he does it for 4-5 straight seasons.

That the 8 game lead we had last week didn't mean squat and right now it could possibly be in jeopardy and if we lose tonight I'm ready to push the panic button, barring a Cardinals loss of course.

Way too early to panic. We have the Pirates coming in over the weekend. This is the best Reds team in over a decade (I know that isn't saying much), and we have the best record in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    yes he has a small lead over an injuried Pujols right now. Again Votto is a stud, but he is not in Pujols league till he does it for 4-5 straight seasons.
    are you talking about the same injury that is not enough to force him to the DL, but enough of a nagging injury to affect his game? Cause if thats the injury your talking about, Joey has the same injury, he as even missed a game or 2 lately for said injury............

Turn Off Ads?