Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maloney and J. Smith recalled, Cabrera activated

Maloney and J. Smith recalled, Cabrera activated

Per team press notes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: Maloney and J. Smith recalled, Cabrera activated

You had to post this the second I bumped the old thread. L-O-L.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Ah....the reinforcements are here.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Good news all around. Cabrera in the lineup tonight? Do we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I would imagine. If they wanted him to just be depth for a while he could have been activated a couple days ago without going to Dayton for a game.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I would think so. I don't think Janish has had an inning off since Cabrera has been out. He has to be a little winded at least.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I would think so. I don't think Janish has had an inning off since Cabrera has been out. He has to be a little winded at least.
    Not sure if that will make a difference either way. OCab is your primary starter the rest of the way, most likely.

Bless the September roster expansion, bullpen depth and fresh arms no longer a concern...

Barring a rash of injuries, that is probably all for reinforcements--with the exception of players like Nix and Edmonds getting healthy and coming off the DL.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Bless the September roster expansion, bullpen depth and fresh arms no longer a concern...
    I know it works out well for the Reds but I think changing the rules- roster expansion- at the most critical time of the year is about the most absurb rule in all of sports.

Next to the NFL tuck rule that is.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

The rule is what it is, and I am glad for once it works in Cincy's favor.

More news: Johnny Cueto didn't make the trip to Cincinnati.

John Cueto did not accompany Reds to St. Louis. Absence due to "serious family issue." Brandon Phillips back in lineup after wrist boo-boo.

Reds insist Cueto's absence totally unrelated to this series. No details yet offered on family issue. Mgr. Baker may elaborate later.

http://twitter.com/JoeStrauss
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I know it works out well for the Reds but I think changing the rules- roster expansion- at the most critical time of the year is about the most absurb rule in all of sports.
    I don't see a problem with it at all, except in some kind of abstract way. Every team's got a bunch of young guys who should be able to provide reinforcements at the end of a long season. Helps teams get through that last month, avoid injuries and get some of the youngsters acclimated to the majors.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

John Cueto did not accompany Reds to St. Louis. Absence due to "serious family issue." Brandon Phillips back in lineup after wrist boo-boo.

Reds insist Cueto's absence totally unrelated to this series. No details yet offered on family issue. Mgr. Baker may elaborate later.
    I hope it's nothing too serious. If Reds are fudging this so he can avoid the nastiness that surely awaited him, I think it's a good move.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

I definitely don't think this has anything to do with the St. Louis series. He already isn't pitching this weekend, so really there's no reason for him to not be there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?