Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: 2010 UK Football

As nice as last weekend was, this one sucked even more. Reminded me that Kentucky has no defense.

Here are some numbers to chew on:

Bilal Powell (RB-Lou) 16 carries, 153 yards, 1 TD
    Bobby Rainey (RB-WKU) 22 carries, 184 yards, 2 TD
    Trey Burton (RB/WR-UF) 5 carries, 40 yards, 5 TD (5 catches, 37 yds, 1 TD)
    Brandon Bolden (RB-Miss) 23 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD
    Cam Newton (Not a RB-Aub) 28 carries, 198 yards, 4 TD
    Marcus Lattimore (RB-USC) 15 carries, 79 yards, 2 TD (4 catches, 133 yards, and a TD) Got hurt so its hard to tell how much more damage he would have done.
    Washaun Ealey (RB-UGA) 28 carries, 157 yards, 5 TD

Moral of the story, if you want to beat Kentucky, run the ball down their throat. It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

UK also can't afford to give the ball away 4 times and allow a TD on special teams. When they do that they have no chance at all. But you are right. Just run the ball down their throats and you should be OK.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As nice as last weekend was, this one sucked even more. Reminded me that Kentucky has no defense.

Here are some numbers to chew on:

Bilal Powell (RB-Lou) 16 carries, 153 yards, 1 TD
    Bobby Rainey (RB-WKU) 22 carries, 184 yards, 2 TD
    Trey Burton (RB/WR-UF) 5 carries, 40 yards, 5 TD (5 catches, 37 yds, 1 TD)
    Brandon Bolden (RB-Miss) 23 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD
    Cam Newton (Not a RB-Aub) 28 carries, 198 yards, 4 TD
    Marcus Lattimore (RB-USC) 15 carries, 79 yards, 2 TD (4 catches, 133 yards, and a TD) Got hurt so its hard to tell how much more damage he would have done.
    Washaun Ealey (RB-UGA) 28 carries, 157 yards, 5 TD

Moral of the story, if you want to beat Kentucky, run the ball down their throat. It's that simple.
    Lattimore didn't even play after halftime.

5 straight bowls now.

Joker is not happy with how this season has gone, and neither am I really, but we do have our bowl eligibility now for a 5th straight year. Damn good for UK football, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    5 straight bowls now.

Joker is not happy with how this season has gone, and neither am I really, but we do have our bowl eligibility now for a 5th straight year. Damn good for UK football, all things considered.
    I'll be happier in a couple of weeks if we get the monkey off our backs and beat the worst Tennessee team in recent memory.

The season hasn't been what I was hoping for, but two streaks snapped would be pretty nice.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'd slow down on bad-mouthing UT at this point... that new QB they have gone with has seemingly revitalized them and the idea that they don't have talent just isn't true, IMO.

Joker is not happy with how this season has gone, and neither am I really,
    Really? Who have they lost to that they should have beaten? Ole Miss? Yeah, but counter that with a win over the SEC East Champs.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'd slow down on bad-mouthing UT at this point... that new QB they have gone with has seemingly revitalized them and the idea that they don't have talent just isn't true, IMO.
    Not really badmouthing Tennessee, just stating the obvious. This is the weakest Tennessee team in recent memory. I'm sure Sea Ray would agree as well.

The fact that the game is at Neyland works against us though. Tennessee did put up some pretty impressive numbers though against Ole Miss in their first SEC win this year,

Playing it at Neyland doesn't help Kentucky, nor does the fact that it's Tennessee's last game of the year. It may motivate them to make a last stand on the season or something like that.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Playing it at Neyland doesn't help Kentucky, nor does the fact that it's Tennessee's last game of the year. It may motivate them to make a last stand on the season or something like that.
    To be more specific about the incentive, Tennessee needs to beat UK to be bowl eligible. (Barring a big upset loss to Vanderbilt next week, that is.)
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Considering how bad UK's defense has been this season and how Tennessee is putting up points with their new QB this could easily be another L against the Vols. Also a good chance UT will need this win to be bowl eligible. Things are just working agianst UK to end this long awful losing streak.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not really badmouthing Tennessee, just stating the obvious. This is the weakest Tennessee team in recent memory. I'm sure Sea Ray would agree as well.

The fact that the game is at Neyland works against us though. Tennessee did put up some pretty impressive numbers though against Ole Miss in their first SEC win this year,
    I guess it all depends on whether UT has really gotten better or not. Their new freshman QB is nothing special yet. All he's pretty much done is throw balls up for grabs to his receivers who are more physically gifted than the DBs covering them. They've figured out that they do have a physical advantage at WR vs most SEC teams. But he's no world beater. Maybe he'll evolve into one but he's not there yet.

I do think this is the weakest UT team in memory but I also don't think this is a banner UK team. This is a pick 'em game with a Bowl bid on the line in all likelihood. I do like the fact the game's in Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I guess it all depends on whether UT has really gotten better or not. Their new freshman QB is nothing special yet. All he's pretty much done is throw balls up for grabs to his receivers who are more physically gifted than the DBs covering them. They've figured out that they do have a physical advantage at WR vs most SEC teams. But he's no world beater. Maybe he'll evolve into one but he's not there yet.

I do think this is the weakest UT team in memory but I also don't think this is a banner UK team. This is a pick 'em game with a Bowl bid on the line in all likelihood. I do like the fact the game's in Knoxville.
    Bowl bid on the line for UT no doubt since it will make them bowl eligible if they win. UK is already bowl eligible right now.

Bowl bid on the line for UT no doubt since it will make them bowl eligible if they win. UK is already bowl eligible right now.
    Only if they win in Nashville this week. They lay an egg vs Vandy and there will not be any Bowl bid on the line

I'll be amazed if Vandy stays within 2-3 TD of UT.

Turn Off Ads?