Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: 2010 UK Football

What a great day to be a Louisville fan!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    What a great day to be a Louisville fan!
    4 in a row, Little Brother.

6 if you count basketball.

Love the Lil Brudder fans coming out of the woodwork all across the internet when we've completely owned you in football for going on half a decade now.

The typical UL fan gets more enjoyment from a UK loss than a UL win, which is quite sad, IMO. BUT, that's a little brother for you.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-08-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

The game was sorry. Joker may be in over his head. Next year's offense with no Hartline, Locke, or Cobb will be ugly...

Hopefully the defense will improve with Minter in charge, couldn't get much worse.

We'll still beat Lil Bro, though. As much as we're losing, LB is losing even more.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    4 in a row, Little Brother.

6 if you count basketball.

Love the Lil Brudder fans coming out of the woodwork all across the internet when we've completely owned you in football for going on half a decade now.

The typical UL fan gets more enjoyment from a UK loss than a UL win, which is quite sad, IMO. BUT, that's a little brother for you.
    This post is filled with comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This post is filled with comedy gold.
    So is a UL fan coming into the UK football thread to talk smack when we've owned you 4 games straight.

Comedy gold.

It'll be even funnier when our horrible team thumps your even more horrible team in Commonwealth Stadium next season to make it 5 straight. GOLD JERRY, GOLD!
    Last edited by WMR; 01-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Kragthorpe is gone. I know you'll miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Kragthorpe is gone. I know you'll miss him.

Strong is going to cause Joker to either raise his game or he will have a large hand in running him out of the state.

I know you UL fans are feeling salty with Strong in charge now, but at least wait until you actually beat us in a game before squawking.

I'm not squawking. I guess Josh was, though.

I dunno if Joker is the man for this job or not. The team seemed to regress in a plethora of ways this season. Joker did not/does not appear to have solid control of his program... perhaps a disciplinarian like Minter will help, but it still all eventually lands at Joker's doorstep...

Hope for the best, but as we all know, this is UK football we're talking about... the "best" pretty much never happens...

I was hoping Joker would take what Brooks built and move it forward but that has not happened. The recruiting has continued to improve, but if they're not coached up the right way and held accountable, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans how many stars they have beside their name.

I thought UK looked unprepared and undercoached all season. The bowl game just drove that fact home even more to me. Just a pitiful display Saturday. Joker deserves a chance to get things in order but I would say the leash may be a bit short for him. If they lose to UL next season it will be real short.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

UK got a nice break with Steve Kragthorpe getting the offensive coordinator gig at LSU. Of course, LSU's offense can't get much worse (as hard as Krags will likely try), and they still went 11-2 last year, so that game in Baton Rouge will still be tough.

I don't know, the fact Kragthorpe did such an awful job as the head man at Louisville doesn't mean he was an incompetent moron in all walks. It just means he was out of his element as a big time head coach.

The Bengals didn't catch a break when Dick LeBeau was rehired to be the Steelers DC.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

He assigned himself OC duties at Louisville with disastrous results.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Pretty bad day for signing day so far. Lamar Dawson, one of the states top recruits (four star), decided for USC. Jon Davis, a top TE recruit who was the first commit under Joker Phillips, switched his allegiance to Illinois.

Glenn Faulker, a four star safety, is the top recruit so far. Everybody else is 3 star.

I'm starting to lose faith in Joker Phillips. It's not very often the state of Kentucky produces decent talent and coupled with last years results I kinda wonder if UK would be better off bringing in Mike Leach next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm pretty pleased with fellow SEC school, the UT Vols. They've made a late rush of 4 star signees to creep into this top ten:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2011

A month ago this same service had them ranked in the upper 20s.

They got the #1 and #2 guy in the state. It's not as easy to recruit at UT as it used to be so I gotta give Derek Dooley and his team a lot of credit. The team was thin last year and was in desperate need of reinforcements.

Turn Off Ads?