Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: Your University of Kentucky Football 2010 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Nah trust me, I know the term "little brother." Basically a demeaning term for U of L, for whatever reason repeated from a phrase by a coach who was a huge drunk, cheater, and wrecked UK's basketball program. Ironic that UK fans would reuse a phrase from an individual like that.
    You've been here a month. You really have no idea what you're typing about.

This isn't your typical talk smack board, the sooner you learn that the better.

There is friendly banter that goes on all the time. You need to learn the difference.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You've been here a month. You really have no idea what you're typing about.
    I know all about the things UK fans try to spout off, don't worry. Little brother isn't a new original term. It was something coined by Eddie Sutton in one of his drunken hazes back in the 80's while UK boosters were paying for recruits.

I know all about the things UK fans try to spout off, don't worry. Little brother isn't a new original term. It was something coined by Eddie Sutton in one of his drunken hazes back in the 80's while UK boosters were paying for recruits.
    Noooo, I'm not talking about who coined the term... just that you're entering a conversation that has been going on for years now. No hand grenades needed.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

takealeake

Fair enough, I'll go back to talking about the Reds, my head hurts too much right now anyway. I'll just say this, Strong is going to have us back in BCS contention in a couple years with the way he's recruiting and there was a lot of improvement shown over the course of the first game even. It's nice to not have the football program under hostage anymore under one of the top 5 worst football coaches in NCAA history.

Fair enough, I'll go back to talking about the Reds, my head hurts too much right now anyway. I'll just say this, Strong is going to have us back in BCS contention in a couple years with the way he's recruiting and there was a lot of improvement shown over the course of the first game even. It's nice to not have the football program under hostage anymore under one of the top 5 worst football coaches in NCAA history.
    No need to leave the conversation, and the hand grenade stuff goes for new UK fans as well.

There's always Rivals if you need to vent about PayPal Cal or Porcini Pitino...

For a young offensive line, I thought our guys did excellent. Not too many procedural penalties and they dealt with the hostile environment very well.

It's evident to me now why Joker chose Hartline. He gives us our best chance to win right now, the practice reports were not incorrect.

... repeated from a phrase by a coach who was a huge drunk, cheater, and wrecked UK's basketball program. Ironic that UK fans would reuse a phrase from an individual like that.
    Were I a UK fan, I'd be all over this.

Aside, of course, for the wrecking the whole UK basketball program thing.

Hello, irony.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Ask the person starting the thread calling us "little brother U" and "U of LOL." Is that civil? This is a Reds board so I'm not going to start anything over another sport, but it's amazing how much arrogance some of your fellow fans have for no reason whatsoever.
    Where did I say U of LOL? Actually, I do like that though. Thank you.

As for Louisville, I made this comparison in the UC thread, but I really think Louisville, like UC and WVU, caught lightning in a bottle when they had each of their coaches (Petrino, Brian Kelly, and Rich Rod), and those coaches were such iconic figures that if they had not become greedy would have likely established powerhouses at their schools. The expectations are even higher for the coach coming in to replace them.

I don't think Louisville will reach the height of success that they had under Petrino. Like it or not, they are in the same boat as Kentucky, a basketball school first, and that will alienate recruits and even coaches. The only thing that Louisville has going for them to be competitive is the quality of the Big East in football.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Where did I say U of LOL? Actually, I do like that though. Thank you.
    New York Red said it in post #5.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    New York Red said it in post #5.
    Guilty as charged. Sorry, fellas, I didn't realize friendly barbs among rivals was frowned upon here. We're all Reds fans, so I'll play nice.

GBB!!
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Guilty as charged. Sorry, fellas, I didn't realize friendly barbs among rivals was frowned upon here. We're all Reds fans, so I'll play nice.

GBB!!
    No, that's the point we were trying to make: that friendly barbs are an ongoing thing when it comes to college sports in this forum. I just mentioned your post because WV thought it was being claimed that he had said it, so I was just clarifying.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: 2010 UK Football

47-10 against Akron.

Looked sluggish in the first half, then Joker lit into them and they came out on fire in the second to blow it out.

Any realistic chance against Florida this week? I've said this is the weakest Florida team I have seen in a long time, and they beat an overly bad Tennessee team by two TD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I always feel they have a realistic chance against Florida, and I've been wrong about 25 times in a row. Same goes for Tennessee.

ESPN The Mag had a recent issue with lists, and the streaks against Florida and Tennessee are BOTH in the top ten of ALL TIME among teams that played yearly!

I think UK's streaks against Florida and Tennessee are the #1 and #2 current streaks. If the Tennessee streak doesn't end this year it probably never will.

This is definitely one of UK's best shots in a long, long time against Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think UK's streaks against Florida and Tennessee are the #1 and #2 current streaks. If the Tennessee streak doesn't end this year it probably never will.

This is definitely one of UK's best shots in a long, long time against Florida.
    It is the #1 and #2 streak. This is the best chance at Florida in a long time. But I doubt they will win in the swamp. If they can't beat Tennessee this season they never will.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?