Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: 2010 UK Football

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It is the #1 and #2 streak. This is the best chance at Florida in a long time. But I doubt they will win in the swamp. If they can't beat Tennessee this season they never will.
    Both are road games too. Tennessee is at Neyland, but by the end of the season UT fans might be ready to mail it in.

I thought the best chance against Tennessee was a couple years ago when Fulmer was on his way out. Then again, you almost had to know that game would go to Tennessee.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Both are road games too. Tennessee is at Neyland, but by the end of the season UT fans might be ready to mail it in.

I thought the best chance against Tennessee was a couple years ago when Fulmer was on his way out. Then again, you almost had to know that game would go to Tennessee.
    UT made that game Phil Fumer Day. WHen they did that I knew UK had no chance. Last year was a great chance but Brooks wouldn't gamble and go for the TD in regulation and settled for a tying FG. I'm hoping that wasn't their best chance to win for the next 25 years.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The best UK teams are yet to come. Joker and staff are putting together a great 2011 recruiting class... currently in the top 25 by a few services.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The best UK teams are yet to come. Joker and staff are putting together a great 2011 recruiting class... currently in the top 25 by a few services.
    Yet ninth in the SEC.

UK's recruiting the right types of people-- fast, athletic, and overlooked by the "big boys".

If they get lucky with a few skill guys and the big guys grow, they still need to find a defense with big hitters.

That's a lot to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Yet ninth in the SEC.

UK's recruiting the right types of people-- fast, athletic, and overlooked by the "big boys".

If they get lucky with a few skill guys and the big guys grow, they still need to find a defense with big hitters.

That's a lot to ask.
    A few big victories against perrenial SEC teams and UK should be able to open it up to bigger recruits. That being said, UK is and always will be basketball first, which opposing coaches and recruiters will use to their advantage.

Three games that are must haves this year: Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee. If Kentucky could somehow come out with those games, it will energize the fanbase to a whole new level and get Joker national recognition to get into those kids houses on recruiting trips.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Three games that are must haves this year: Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee. If Kentucky could somehow come out with those games, it will energize the fanbase to a whole new level and get Joker national recognition to get into those kids houses on recruiting trips.
    If he wins against those three, Kentucky would not only be Top 10, but a national title contender. Color me doubtful for three of those victories. I'd bet most UK fans would consider one of those as a moral victory. (Not to mention a solid bet at a larger bowl.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Yet ninth in the SEC.

That's a lot to ask.
    A lot to ask? Hehe, you're putting it mildly.

If UK's football program used to be around a 2-3, I would now rate it 7-7.5 (3-1 in the last 4 years in Bowl Appearances). Very respectable, but when your direct competition is the SEC East, 'very respectable' can still lose you a lot of ballgames. What I DO like now, is how we CAN go in there and win games versus the 'elite' of the SEC... Auburn, Georgia, LSU. (Except for The Streaks, of course, which I'm convinced are some sort of karmic payback for all the beatdowns delivered to the SEC in hoops over the decades. )

Nearly the entire roster now is at least inhabited by athletes who 'belong' in the SEC. It used to be only a handful.

The SEC is as tough and unforgiving as it gets when it comes to football, I'm very pleased at how UK has been able to grow their program.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-20-2010 at 08:57 PM.

If you guys don't beat Tennessee this year you'll be the laughing stock of the SEC. You would have scored 50 or 60 against them today. UT has very little depth so they should be extra thin by late November. They're clearly the worst in the SEC East this yr. I only wish it'd earn them a draft pick...

Gotta admit, that is pretty funny.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Kentucky gave one away in Mississippi today. Seemed to be the dominant team on both sides of the ball early in the game, and should have been leading 14-0 at halftime, but instead they gift wrapped 21 points for Ole Miss on three turnovers in their own territory. Now getting blown out 42-20 in the 4th quarter.

Where's the remote?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Am I the only one who saw Hartline underthrow 4 certain td's?

Has he won any SEC game as a starter other than that 4th quarter miracle against Arkansas in 2008?

Didn't Newton beat Auburn and Georgia on the road last year?

Does anyone else think Hartline is not that much better than he was 2 years ago?

Am I ever going to stop asking questions?

Answer away my fellow beaten down UK football fans

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14 View Post
    Am I the only one who saw Hartline underthrow 4 certain td's?

Has he won any SEC game as a starter other than that 4th quarter miracle against Arkansas in 2008?

Didn't Newton beat Auburn and Georgia on the road last year?

Does anyone else think Hartline is not that much better than he was 2 years ago?

Am I ever going to stop asking questions?

Answer away my fellow beaten down UK football fans
    I think its been quite obvious Harline doesn't have the arm strength to be an effective down the field passer. But I don't think he's the entire problem either. The loss Saturday was a well rounded loss. Too many turnovers for one. You can't give anyone a short field too many times. Saying that the defense needs to step and hold a team to a FG sometimes. Ole Miss scored a TD everytime. Special teams ain't so special. They allowed another long punt return that gave Ole Miss about a two yard field. The defense just isn't very good. IMO they are too passive. Not enough blitz or overall agressiveness. They are young and undersized. That spells a lot of trouble the rest of the way. With Auburn, South Carolina and others I can see good ole tail kickings in the future.
    The only certain wins I see are Charleston Southern and Vandy. It's about 50-50 chance against Georgia and Tennessee. I don't know much about Miss State but with it on the road I couldn't give the Cats much of a chance in Starkeville. Auburn and South Carolina next no chance. I see Newton and Lattimore having huge days against that defense.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

What a great win for the Wildcats tonight! Down 3 scores against the #10 team in the nation and they flat-out got the job done. They showed a lot of heart tonight and it needs to be there more often.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    What a great win for the Wildcats tonight! Down 3 scores against the #10 team in the nation and they flat-out got the job done. They showed a lot of heart tonight and it needs to be there more often.
    Hartline has really turned it around the last two weeks. They should have won the last two games but hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come. Just hope the same team shows up the rest of the season because we need all the help we can get.

The offense seems to be back on track, but even tonight, Steve Brown hasn't done much to keep his job IMO. We are going to be in a shootout every week.

Ok, enough negativity. First time ever beating Steve Spurrier. And the perfect way to do it, with his overaggressive playcalling.

Turn Off Ads?