Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: 2010 UK Football

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'll be amazed if Vandy stays within 9-10 TD of UT.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Hehe... I haven't gotten your thoughts on this new VU coach... he is definitely a country boy it seems, I wonder how that plays with the intelligentsia at Vandy?

Hehe... I haven't gotten your thoughts on this new VU coach... he is definitely a country boy it seems, I wonder how that plays with the intelligentsia at Vandy?
    He will not be back.

Edit: I mean after his deal is up. Even Commodore fans won't go for mpre than 2 years of them getting run all over.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 11-15-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Vandy started off pretty well but injuries have beset them and one thing that makes you Vandy is that you don't have depth. They're lucky to be able to recruit a 1st string, let alone competent backups. Things have to fall exactly right for them to have a good season.

Yes I expect Tenn to win handily but UT has not earned the right to take any opponent lightly.

As for UK/UT, I am disgusted that the UT program has fallen to UK's level. Let's hope they can bounce back quickly but the Lane Kiffin thing was a tough blow from which to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Vandy started off pretty well but injuries have beset them and one thing that makes you Vandy is that you don't have depth. They're lucky to be able to recruit a 1st string, let alone competent backups. Things have to fall exactly right for them to have a good season.

Yes I expect Tenn to win handily but UT has not earned the right to take any opponent lightly.

As for UK/UT, I am disgusted that the UT program has fallen to UK's level. Let's hope they can bounce back quickly but the Lane Kiffin thing was a tough blow from which to recover.
    I dunno if UT will ever be one of the elite teams in the SEC again. Upper mid is where I see them settling in in this new hierarchy best case scenario.

They run their athletic manner in such a shameful manner... definitely the black eye of a conference that has a few teams who could vie for that title when you look at their athletic program as a whole. And the AD still has his job...

I do believe you'll see UT on probation in basketball and football simultaneously once the NCAA makes their final rulings. Probably in baseball as well, which from what I hear may be the dirtiest group of the bunch!!
    Last edited by WMR; 11-16-2010 at 10:57 AM.

I dunno if UT will ever be one of the elite teams in the SEC again. Upper mid is where I see them settling in in this new hierarchy best case scenario.

They run their athletic manner in such a shameful manner... definitely the black eye of a conference that has a few teams who could vie for that title when you look at their athletic program as a whole. And the AD still has his job...

I do believe you'll see UT on probation in basketball and football simultaneously once the NCAA makes their final rulings. Probably in baseball as well, which from what I hear may be the dirtiest group of the bunch!!
    South Carolina is an elite SEC team this year. UT can do it as well.

You have no room to talk about being a dirty program. The UK football program is still recovering from its three yr probation in 2002. The UK basketball program was on probation a decade earlier and you now have one of the shadier coaches in college basketball. I wouldn't sleep well at night feeling smug that someone else's BB program is headed for probation if I were you. It could happen to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    South Carolina is an elite SEC team this year. UT can do it as well.

You have no room to talk about being a dirty program. The UK football program is still recovering from its three yr probation in 2002. The UK basketball program was on probation a decade earlier and you now have one of the shadier coaches in college basketball. I wouldn't sleep well at night feeling smug that someone else's BB program is headed for probation if I were you. It could happen to UK.
    Yeah USCjr is probably about UT's ceiling at this point.

Blah blah blah. Deflect deflect deflect. I'd rather spend my time whining about teachers too if I had to root for that bunch of thugs.

UT is the joke of the SEC. Quite an accomplishment considering their competition for running horrible athletic departments. Win streaks don't even begin to compare when you take a closer look at how they do business down in Knoxville.

Keep trying to deflect back onto UK when YOUR program is the one under investigation by the NCAA in THREE different sports!! But that's a UT fan for you.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Yeah USCjr is probably about UT's ceiling at this point.

Blah blah blah. Deflect deflect deflect. I'd rather spend my time whining about teachers too if I had to root for that bunch of thugs.

UT is the joke of the SEC. Quite an accomplishment considering their competition for running horrible athletic departments. Win streaks don't even begin to compare when you take a closer look at how they do business down in Knoxville.

Keep trying to deflect back onto UK when YOUR program is the one under investigation by the NCAA in THREE different sports!! But that's a UT fan for you.
    A UT fan doesn't stomp on the grave of rival schools undergoing NCAA investigation that we can't beat on the field because we know it can happen to anyone. You didn't find me making obnoxious posts like yours 7 years ago when UK was in trouble. UT fans are more classy than that. We can revisit this after the investigation is complete. Right now it's all speculation.

Let's address the here and now. I don't know what's so scary about UT competing in the SEC east. Tebow is gone, Urban Meyer's future is cloudy and even in one of UT's worst down years they nearly beat LSU and played SC well. UK showed that SC is not a team to be feared. All this after going through the Fulmer-Kiffin-Dooley fiasco.

I am not as gloomy about UT's future but I can understand why a UK fan would show his frustration towards UT.

All bickering aside, Kentucky is being looked at for the Gator Bowl should they beat the Vols.

Would likely play either Iowa or Michigan. I wouldn't mind the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sea Ray, I hope that Tennessee's 26th straight win over Kentucky can bring some comfort to you in these difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sea Ray, I hope that Tennessee's 26th straight win over Kentucky can bring some comfort to you in these difficult times.
    6-6 is difficult for Vol fans. I take it you UK fans feel differently

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    All bickering aside, Kentucky is being looked at for the Gator Bowl should they beat the Vols.

Would likely play either Iowa or Michigan. I wouldn't mind the latter.
    The No Defense Bowl!

So they're going to Birmingham, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    So they're going to Birmingham, basically.
    Jacksonville is the Gator Bowl, but my guess would be Nashville.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Jacksonville is the Gator Bowl, but my guess would be Nashville.
    You don't think they can beat the mighty Vols?

Turn Off Ads?