Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2010 UK Football

Re: 2010 UK Football

I hope Neloms is happy with himself for acting like a punk 2 wks ago versus Vandy. Mosely has gotten absolutely toasted and if you're a CB expecting help from these safeties you're in trouble.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Final six minutes of this half are going to go a long way towards telling this story...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I hope Neloms is happy with himself for acting like a punk 2 wks ago versus Vandy. Mosely has gotten absolutely toasted and if you're a CB expecting help from these safeties you're in trouble.
    Hope we can just stay close enough this first half. They said he would be eligible to play the second half, though I guess we'll see if he does or not.

Winston Guy finally makes a play! MY GOD!!

Two runs up the gut with a scat back... brilliant play calling

Let's recap: Locke coughs up a fumble within the five yard line that costs us a touchdown; Cobb coughs up a fumble when we were driving that may have cost us a score; and now Hartline overthrows a receiver open in the endzone that costs us another score. Can anybody step up and make a play for us?
    We're killing ourselves and handing UT momentum time after time. I guess, especially with our poor pass coverage, that we are lucky to only be down 14-7 at the half.
    Hope Joker gets things turned around in the locker room. . .and the 'Cats can come out and PLAY in the second half!!!

It's getting more and more difficult to live in Knoxville in November!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser View Post
    Let's recap: Locke coughs up a fumble within the five yard line that costs us a touchdown; Cobb coughs up a fumble when we were driving that may have cost us a score; and now Hartline overthrows a receiver open in the endzone that costs us another score. Can anybody step up and make a play for us?
    We're killing ourselves and handing UT momentum time after time. I guess, especially with our poor pass coverage, that we are lucky to only be down 14-7 at the half.
    Hope Joker gets things turned around in the locker room. . .and the 'Cats can come out and PLAY in the second half!!!

It's getting more and more difficult to live in Knoxville in November!
    You've got my sympathy there, RR!

The UK players do not believe they can beat UT. Neither do the coaches. Joker punting on 4 and 2 at their 30-whatever was just pathetic. Our defense sucks and you punt on 4th and 2... just sorry...

blah.....................

Randall should RUN, not walk, but RUN to the NFL.

I'll be amazed if he comes back. He really should go, I'm afraid.

What about La'Rod King refusing to lay out for a catch? He could have made a much better attempt at that ball starting out the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    UK is cursed in football. I am convinced.
    It's "The Curse of The Bear". By and large they haven't been competitive on a national scene since the Bear left back in the 50's. Brown and Nord should be fired. The defense and special teams were just awful this season. UK had a golden opportunity to have a very nice season with the SEC being somewhat down from what it usually is. They just kicked the season away with terrible defense and nearly as bad special teams play. I was wrong about Brooks in the beginning of his tenure and I hope Joker proves me wrong. But after one season he was not impressive as HC at all.
    At this point I am really doubting they ever beat Tennessee again. 26 years and counting. I think the record losing streak to one team is 43. Notre Dame over Navy. I think that streak is in jeopardy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

There's no curse. UT is still a better team. For instance look at the QB. UT's QB had beautiful accuracy, hitting his targets in stride. Hartline was all over the place. When he did complete a pass his receiver was on the ground. He dinked and dunked all day long. With that sort of offense you raise the chances that something will screw up.

This is one of the worst UT teams ever but I will say they improved. If UK had caught them in Sept, the result would have been different. I'm thrilled that the Vols season isn't over yet. They'll get another month of practice and they'll get the exposure of getting to play on national TV in a Bowl game. I'd written off all chances of this two months ago.

Kentucky is playing in the BBVA Compass Bowl (Renamed the Eric Bledsoe Birmingham Board of Education Bowl) against Pitt on January 8th, which is the Saturday before the national championship.

One good thing is, I'm sure there will be plenty of blue and gold supporters here in WV who will be pulling for Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Kentucky is playing in the BBVA Compass Bowl (Renamed the Eric Bledsoe Birmingham Board of Education Bowl) against Pitt on January 8th, which is the Saturday before the national championship.

One good thing is, I'm sure there will be plenty of blue and gold supporters here in WV who will be pulling for Kentucky.
    Interesting that the SEC team in this Bowl gets a better payout than its Big East opponent.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/b..._schedule.html

Whereas in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl the ACC team gets more than the SEC team.

Anyone know why Toledo got the #1 MAC Bowl game and Miami (OH) had to settle for #2?

Also should mention, Pitt has two backs that are pretty good. Dion Lewis and Ray Graham. Given Kentucky's noted problems in stopping the run this season, this really isn't a good matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?