Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sappelt Might get Called Up

-The Insider-

Sappelt Might get Called Up

johnfayman

Baker said Bruce probably won't play tomorrow either. #Reds are looking at adding an outfielder. Sappelt is a possibility.
    28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident PED Expert

Re: Sappelt Might get Called Up

Man. What does Danny Dorn have to do to get a freaking call up?

-The Insider-

lol. Dorn would make more sense since Sapp isn't eligible for the 40 while Dorn is.

I would really like to hear from the Reds organization, their honest opinion of Danny Dorn. It's like they just don't see him. And lately, he has been absolutely dominant.

-The Insider-

I don't know how the Reds organization is, but I know from another, they have "their" guys and despite how well the others do, if you aren't "their" guy, you won't get called up.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Man. What does Danny Dorn have to do to get a freaking call up?
    Learn to play defense.

Also, to call a guy up, they need to move someone off the 40 man. Considering how tight it is right now, it really only makes sense to do it for a guy who most likely will stay on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Learn to play defense.
    Dorn has played outfield and learned a new position at 1B and has committed a total of 2 errors in 81 games this season. What should he learn?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Dorn has played outfield and learned a new position at 1B and has committed a total of 2 errors in 81 games this season. What should he learn?
    How to run faster. I think Dorn is better than Gomes out there, but I get the feeling the Reds just don't think Dorn can play left because he is slow.

They put Gomes out there as a starter and won't have Dorn as a backup because he's slow? What sense does that make?

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How to run faster. I think Dorn is better than Gomes out there, but I get the feeling the Reds just don't think Dorn can play left because he is slow.
    I'm sure he isn't a burner out there, but I'd bet my bottom dollar he can out run Alonso who very well may end up out there... He can also play RF as well. It should be Dorn. If it isn't I hope next year wherever he ends up he puts up a ROY type season.

Dorn probably just needs to steal bruces car and get a mohawk

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

They put Gomes out there as a starter and won't have Dorn as a backup because he's slow? What sense does that make?
    Gomes has 'proven' he can hit in the major leagues. The Reds love them vets.

Resident PED Expert

Weak. I am really discouraged by the way that have treated this guy. Don't get me wrong, Sappelt could be the answer to LF and leadoff next year, but to by pass a guy OPSing close to a 1.000 in AAA all year vs a guy who started in High A this year is very... Odd.

How many guys have had their major league debut for the Reds in the last 2 years?

Resident PED Expert

How many guys have had their major league debut for the Reds in the last 2 years?
    Over 15 at least

Turn Off Ads?