Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds fans in the upcomming cardnals series

Reds fans in the upcomming cardnals series

Ok we all know everytime the reds go to St Louis and play ALL of their fans boooooo Brandon Phillips every time they see him.Well I was just wondering since the Cardnals fans kept doing it this year what will the reds fans response be if any.Will they boo Yadier Molina everytime he bats or does something wrong and do him the same way the Cardnals fans do Phillips.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds fans in the upcomming cardnals series

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Ok we all know everytime the reds go to St Louis and play ALL of their fans boooooo Brandon Phillips every time they see him.Well I was just wondering since the Cardnals fans kept doing it this year what will the reds fans response be if any.Will they boo Yadier Molina everytime he bats or does something wrong and do him the same way the Cardnals fans do Phillips.
    Reds fans usually have more class, but with the stadium full of Cardinal fans (who only rank second to Cubs fans being obnoxious in the opponent's stadium), I imagine so. It's a rivalry and that's what it's all about.

I still hate Cub and Cardinal fans, though. Cardinal fans because they are so successful against all odds and Cub fans mainly because they don't have a clue.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Reds fans usually have more class, but with the stadium full of Cardinal fans (who only rank second to Cubs fans being obnoxious in the opponent's stadium), I imagine so. It's a rivalry and that's what it's all about.

I still hate Cub and Cardinal fans, though. Cardinal fans because they are so successful against all odds and Cub fans mainly because they don't have a clue.
    I will admit we are a bit pompous and obnoxious at times. That said, out of all the fan bases I have associated, the very worst is the Red Sox. Their fan base actually drove me to liking the Yankees when I lived in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I will admit we are a bit pompous and obnoxious at times. That said, out of all the fan bases I have associated, the very worst is the Red Sox. Their fan base actually drove me to liking the Yankees when I lived in NY.
    Know what you mean. I even have a Yankee hat that I wear in certain situations when I am going to be with RS fans. Pompous does not do them justice at all.

As for you guys. Stay home. You're going to lose. I hope .
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

WVRedsfan,I agree Reds fans usually have more class and show it but with the Cardsnal fans not letting it go I got a feeling that the reds fans are going to treat Molina the same.Expecially now that its beginning to become a somewhat nasty rivalry I see this upcomming series a must watch.I would'nt mind seeing all the reds fans booing Molina like the Cards fans do Phillips bc he was also an instigater in the brawl.We will have to wait and see!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    WVRedsfan,I agree Reds fans usually have more class and show it but with the Cardsnal fans not letting it go I got a feeling that the reds fans are going to treat Molina the same.Expecially now that its beginning to become a somewhat nasty rivalry I see this upcomming series a must watch.I would'nt mind seeing all the reds fans booing Molina like the Cards fans do Phillips bc he was also an instigater in the brawl.We will have to wait and see!!
    My favorite line from this year was the interview with Jim Edmonds when he said he liked the Reds "except for that one guy," obviously meaning Brandon Phillips. I almost lost my breath. What? Who could not like Brandon Phillips? I have a lot of respect for JE and I'll alwyas remember him for turning Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs around. I wanted him to stay with the Reds, but it didn't work out. That said, Molina is a jerk with an attitude. Trash talk is part of sports and it's not persaonal in most cases. Unfortunetely the arrogance of the Cardinals apparently doesn't allow that. Chris Carpenter, Molina, and others don't get it. Arrogance is the one thing I cannot stand. And that's not giving a pass to our Cueto for what he did. Sorry MT, but this whole thing is ridiculous.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Yeah thats what makes me laugh about the Cards fans and their whole team for that matter.They all can't stand Brandon Phillips b/c of the way he plays and his out going personality.Well they have a player in Molina thats the same way but ten times worse.He loves to trash talk behind that mask and hard to say what all he even says.He knew that Phillips always touched the umps leg and catchers leg his first at bat.He was the one that stood up and got in Phillips face and started everything that night.Phillips does have that personality that may push some the wrong way but imo Molina has that same personality and his is ten times more likely to make people mad b/c of his arrogance.

That said, Molina is a jerk with an attitude.
    I kind of have to stick up for Molina here. I don't think with one incident where there were issues (legitimate if you ask me) you can correlate Molina being a jerk. That is truely the only time where I have seen Molina actually get angry at someone or act like a jerk towards someone. A lot of times, I have seen him help other players up when they get knocked down or help hold up umpires when they get hit hard by a ball. He is generally a good example of sportsmanship and is respected in many baseball circles.

Didn't Molina tag Phillips in St Louis this year on a caught third strike?

Didn't Molina kind of show Phillips up as he rounded second on a home run?

Didn't Molina complain about heckling fans last year, asking them to be silenced or removed?

I don't think this make him a punk. I just don't get caught up in this. He just makes it hard to like him, I guess.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

For decades, the Cardinals had the most knowledgable, classiest fans in all of baseball.

I was in St. Louis for the last series and was shocked and disappointed at what I experienced. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between most Card fans and Cub fans.

The last thing I want now is for Reds fans to act like Card fans.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For decades, the Cardinals had the most knowledgable, classiest fans in all of baseball.

I was in St. Louis for the last series and was shocked and disappointed at what I experienced. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between most Card fans and Cub fans.

The last thing I want now is for Reds fans to act like Card fans.
    I think even some Cardinals fans get annoyed at this notion. I sort of roll my eyes at this. The fact is, there has been a slow degradation this past decade on the class of our fan base. I would say the knowledge is still there but certainly I don't think you could put Cards fans on the mantle of classiest.

I really contribute this decline due to the death of Jack Buck. Jack Buck was what was pure and good about Cardinals nation. He set the standard and stage for the Cardinals fans classiness. He is one of the few radio personalities I knew to where he could command a whole fan base to do something and they would do it. For example, during the homerun race of 98, McGwire got thrown out of a game. Of course this got a huge amount of boo's from Cards fans. The very next day, Buck came on air and asked if everyone could, instead of boo the ump, applaud him. What do you know, the stadium applauded the maligned ump when the game started.

Probably part of the issue you experienced was also the fact that it was a heated rival. I still see Cards fans cheer other players from other teams at good plays made as when some Marlins players made some excellent plays this past week. Yet, it just has not been the same since Buck died. I love Mike Shannon but what ever class we had as a fan base, died the day Buck left this Earth.

Knowledgeable, yes. Classy, average at best.

I kind of have to stick up for Molina here. I don't think with one incident where there were issues (legitimate if you ask me) you can correlate Molina being a jerk. That is truely the only time where I have seen Molina actually get angry at someone or act like a jerk towards someone. A lot of times, I have seen him help other players up when they get knocked down or help hold up umpires when they get hit hard by a ball. He is generally a good example of sportsmanship and is respected in many baseball circles.
    How can you say this? Call a spade a spade. He acted like a hard you know what with Phillips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I think even some Cardinals fans get annoyed at this notion. I sort of roll my eyes at this. The fact is, there has been a slow degradation this past decade on the class of our fan base. I would say the knowledge is still there but certainly I don't think you could put Cards fans on the mantle of classiest.

I really contribute this decline due to the death of Jack Buck. Jack Buck was what was pure and good about Cardinals nation. He set the standard and stage for the Cardinals fans classiness. He is one of the few radio personalities I knew to where he could command a whole fan base to do something and they would do it. For example, during the homerun race of 98, McGwire got thrown out of a game. Of course this got a huge amount of boo's from Cards fans. The very next day, Buck came on air and asked if everyone could, instead of boo the ump, applaud him. What do you know, the stadium applauded the maligned ump when the game started.

Probably part of the issue you experienced was also the fact that it was a heated rival. I still see Cards fans cheer other players from other teams at good plays made as when some Marlins players made some excellent plays this past week. Yet, it just has not been the same since Buck died. I love Mike Shannon but what ever class we had as a fan base, died the day Buck left this Earth.

Knowledgeable, yes. Classy, average at best.
    I think this is excellent analysis, and I too miss Jack Buck.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

How can you say this? Call a spade a spade. He acted like a hard you know what with Phillips.
    Like I said, this is the first time I have seen him act out against a team or another player. Watching practically every Cardinals game, I have seen him also help injured players from other teams, umpires who have been injured, and I have never seen anyone really have a problem with him. One instance of him being "bad" does not mean he is always like that. Its just a heated rivalry and one could expect bad blood between the teams.

I would also be willing to guess that every player in baseball has had their moments where they have acted out of character. A track record must be established with said player before any real judgment on that players character is established. With Yadier, he just doesn't have a track record of being a bad tempered player.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Didn't Molina tag Phillips in St Louis this year on a caught third strike?

Didn't Molina kind of show Phillips up as he rounded second on a home run?

Didn't Molina complain about heckling fans last year, asking them to be silenced or removed?

I don't think this make him a punk. I just don't get caught up in this. He just makes it hard to like him, I guess.
    This.

Molina has hit two home runs against the Reds since last year's incident, and both times he's showed up Brandon Phillips during his HR trot. The dude is a punk. He ranks right there with Carpenter as my least favorite player in the game.

Turn Off Ads?