Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

Re: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Then you have Kurt Cobain who everybody knows about. But without Kurt's death Foo Fighters aren't formed.

You never know how long Nirvana and MLB would have stayed together but both Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters have had a long successful rock career. One that you don't see too often out of successful bands in today's rock climate.
    Kurt Cobain wanted to take Nirvana in a more pop direction, so I imagine they would have ended up sounding similar to Foo Fighters.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    If you heard one Creed song, you heard every Creed song. Same with Nickelback. They're cookie cutter bands.
    Creed is one of those bands that sold millions of records and yet you can't find one person to claim they bought one.

I don't blame those people. If I had bought a Creed album I would never have been able to forgive myself
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    If you heard one Creed song, you heard every Creed song. Same with Nickelback. They're cookie cutter bands.
    That's not fair at all. Nickleback has TWO songs "slow song for the girls" and "teenage rock song".
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

List of best things:
    1. Sliced bread
    2. Pearl Jam

/endlist

This was on the 93 VMA's, best VMA performance ever in my opinion:

YouTube - Neil Young & Pearl Jam - Keep On Rockin' In The Free World Mtv Music Video Award Ceremony

And you probably know Hope from this song, it isn't much like Alice in Chains or Nirvana:

YouTube - Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Kurt Cobain wanted to take Nirvana in a more pop direction, so I imagine they would have ended up sounding similar to Foo Fighters.
    Kurt was going to record a more acoustic based album with Michael Stipe before he died.

I once went to a Nirvana concert and almost bumped into Eddie Vedder in the parking lot.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I once went to a Nirvana concert and almost bumped into Eddie Vedder in the parking lot.
    Awesome. They were rumored to be feuding in the early boom of Nirvana/PJ, but IIRC, they actually really enjoyed each other's music/talent. It would have been interesting if Kurt lived whether or not the two forces would have ever collaborated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Creed is one of those bands that sold millions of records and yet you can't find one person to claim they bought one.

I don't blame those people. If I had bought a Creed album I would never have been able to forgive myself
    When I was 15 I loved Creed. Went to a couple concerts, had the CDs...possibly even had a tee shirt.

Now I literally can't listen when a Creed song comes on. I guess my tastes may have changed over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Awesome. They were rumored to be feuding in the early boom of Nirvana/PJ, but IIRC, they actually really enjoyed each other's music/talent. It would have been interesting if Kurt lived whether or not the two forces would have ever collaborated.
    Wasn't rumored... It was blatantly apparent in any interview Kurt and Courtney did.

Kurt resented the fact that he felt Eddie was a poser and he hadn't earned his stripes.

Don't forget after Kurt died when Courtney said "Why couldn't it have been Eddie Vedder who died."

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Wasn't rumored... It was blatantly apparent in any interview Kurt and Courtney did.

Kurt resented the fact that he felt Eddie was a poser and he hadn't earned his stripes.

Don't forget after Kurt died when Courtney said "Why couldn't it have been Eddie Vedder who died."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...or+The+Weekend

"I don't think Kurt understood us at the time, but we became friends and I'm glad we had some of the great conversations we had, that I'm always going to keep up here," says Eddie, pointing to his head.

"I don't talk too much about him in respect to Krist (Novoselic) and Dave (Grohl) and I know he said that early stuff about not liking us.

"But there's a couple of complimentary things that he said in public about me as a human being, which I'm proud exist. But if Kurt were around today, I know he'd say to me, 'Well, you turned out OK.'"

Eddie tried so hard to get love from Kurt.. It was actually sad at the time, IMO.

Eddie has grown into an amazing artist and person from what I know now. I think after the Vitalogy era and the ticketmaster fiasco he finally got to be himself.

It's been awesome.

Wasn't sure where to put this, then I remembered this thread. Is this young Mr. Bieber talented, or what?

YouTube - Justin Bieber Speaking With Tongues Lyrics
    Last edited by macro; 10-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, then I remembered this thread. Is this young Mr. Bieber talented, or what?

YouTube - Justin Bieber Speaking With Tongues Lyrics
    I'm ashamed of my European heritage after hearing that.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My first exposure to a Justin Bieber tune. Thank you for that. So, is the kid a rapper or was this just an attempt at it? I see the kid all over the internet (mostly people taking shots). I had no idea what he does other than being made fun of.

Yeah, pop culture aint my thing. Get off my lawn.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?