Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The only exposure to Taylor Swift's music I've had is what I hear occasionally on the radio. I think every song I've ever heard from her sounds like it was written for ugly / unpopular teenage girls who sit at home dreaming that football team's quarterback would knock on their door and ask them on a date. It's drivel in the finest sense.

Plus, she looks like that thing from "The Dark Crystal":
    Well you certainly don't have to be three kinds of high to enjoy it, like the South African dude's stuff.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I suffered something as bad. I took my wife to a show once with both Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

Wanted to see Hank Williams III this summer, but couldn't arrange it. Now that's country!
    Oh, I took the ex to a joint McGraw/Hill concert as well. Awful, abysmal stuff to be sure....but nothing worse (for my hard-earned money, anyway) than Kenny Chesney. He might be the most evil person alive.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Just listen to all forms of political talk podcasts all day.

That way you don't have to deal with music snobs, and you will annoy most people into not talking to you anyway.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Wow this thread is pretty darn surprising.

I think you can say a ton of things negative about Taylor Swift, but not talented is a bit of stretch.

Your definition of good music may be things that are obscure- the lyrics a little deeper, or maybe even not that accessible.

But just because Taylor Swift doesn't fall into that category does not lessen the fact that she can write a pop hook with the best of them.

It's neat to muse about the importance of a band like Pavement, but how important are they, really, if 90% of the people have no clue who they are?

The mudic snobs like to be "in" on a secret. If Dinosaur, Jr had one platinum album, their fans would leave them in a heartbeat and we'd be hesring about the good old days before they sold out. Same band, same talent, but because it's

popular, i.e. the secret's out, they would be sell-outs.

Taylor Swift has written some of the best pop hooks in recent years- that takes talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    popular, i.e. the secret's out, they would be sell-outs.

Taylor Swift has written some of the best pop hooks in recent years- that takes talent.
    No doubt she's talented, and no doubt Pavement is a nothing in the eyes of even 99% of the people who listen to music.

I just think that the "top 40" is a poor sign for what measures talent, mostly because Rick Dees had the #1 hit of 1976 and shifted that paradigm for me.

Music is subjective on a level that is all its own.

I wish once she would come out and call someone else talentless.

And that is my point, WOY.

As well as the irony of a 40 something dude who has had twenty years more to make one millionth of the impression on the music audience as Taylor Swift has.

I'd venture that 50% of the people think Chris Robinson sings "Well I gotta little change in my pocket goin'' jing a ling ling.... "

Also- those comments would be better directed at Brittney Spears, who can't sing out of tune like Taylor Swift because she has been more enhanced than Joan Collins.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-05-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Well you certainly don't have to be three kinds of high to enjoy it, like the South African dude's stuff.
    When Taylor Swift has released 6 albums that debuted at #1 and toured for 19 years consecutively as a top grossing act we can talk.

WOY kinda hit it on the head -- it's music, it's subjective. As long as the world lets me enjoy my South African dude and his bizarre accompaniment of violin and saxophone, I'm more than willing to let the teenyboppers have their pop country love act.

Though, can we all at least agree that Katy Perry and Ke$ha both suck?
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Taylor is supremely talented at writing music for the masses. Anything else is opinion. The record industry is a joke though...too much going on behind the scenes to determine what is a hit and what is not.

I just wish she could sing.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

When Taylor Swift has released 6 albums that debuted at #1 and toured for 19 years consecutively as a top grossing act we can talk.

WOY kinda hit it on the head -- it's music, it's subjective. As long as the world lets me enjoy my South African dude and his bizarre accompaniment of violin and saxophone, I'm more than willing to let the teenyboppers have their pop country love act.

New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, and ABBA have all sold more records than DMB in under half the time....

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Wanted to see Hank Williams III this summer, but couldn't arrange it. Now that's country!
    I've got a buddy who is very best friends with Hank III.

Katy Perry I can tolerate to some extent, but Ke$ha is the most annoying person to hear sing that I can recall in a LOOOOONNNGGG time. If you don't know firsthand what I'm referring to, listen to the first few seconds of this...

YouTube - Ke$ha - Your Love Is My Drug

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Katy Perry I can tolerate to some extent, but Ke$ha is the most annoying person to hear sing that I can recall in a LOOOOONNNGGG time. If you don't know firsthand what I'm referring to, listen to the first few seconds of this...
    I made it through 52 seconds. And that was tough.

Turn Off Ads?