Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

Re: Chris Robinson Calls Taylor Swift "Horrible"

All I need to know about this singer....Ki$ha? I mean....spell my name with a dollar sign and take yourself that serious? How can you not be a joke.

She tries to represent what she thinks women are about. Girl Power gone amok and horribly sideways.

Good call on the Creed analogy. There is always going to be a 3-5 year period where these bands/singers get popular and you have no,clue as to why.

In 1981-83 I was heavy into hardcore LA punk but everyone else was doing the Asia or REO Speedwagon thing. For a few years in the early 2000's there seemed to be some really good bands coming along and the Boy band crap was pushed out of the way. That stuff has petered out and now we are back to crappy pop again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    All I need to know about this singer....Ki$ha? I mean....spell my name with a dollar sign and take yourself that serious? How can you not be a joke.

She tries to represent what she thinks women are about. Girl Power gone amok and horribly sideways.

Good call on the Creed analogy. There is always going to be a 3-5 year period where these bands/singers get popular and you have no,clue as to why.

In 1981-83 I was heavy into hardcore LA punk but everyone else was doing the Asia or REO Speedwagon thing. For a few years in the early 2000's there seemed to be some really good bands coming along and the Boy band crap was pushed out of the way. That stuff has petered out and now we are back to crappy pop again.
    Because theres always tween/teen girl/boy looking for the next big thing to oogle and waste $$$ on. Regardless of whether they have talent or not. Its why I dont listen to any of the pop stuff dating back to when Brittney Started.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

The best-selling beer in the U.S. is Bud Light.

The masses like things that are safe and fairly bland.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The masses loved the Beatles too. I don't think whether or not the masses loved something means much of anything.

I don't care for her music, but I can see the appeal to some. My daughters both listen to her all the time. It's not like it's "bad" music. It's just very simplistic, all with a similar sound. How many artists like that have there been over the years? Tons. Hell, I love me some Jimmy Buffet, but his stuff could be described in pretty much the same way Swift's stuff is. It just appeals to a different, and older, demographic.

And I think some people are either fooling themselves, or are very muscially naive, if they think some of the rock music that's supposed to be so much more sophisticated is any more muscially advanced than Taylor Swift's. It ain't. There's not a lot of Bob Dylan's writing songs these days, and there sure as hell aren't a lot of Sinatra's singing them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Creeds first CD wasnt all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The best-selling beer in the U.S. is Bud Light.

The masses like things that are safe and fairly bland.
    and cheap and at every store that is allowed to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    And I think some people are either fooling themselves, or are very muscially naive, if they think some of the rock music that's supposed to be so much more sophisticated is any more muscially advanced than Taylor Swift's. It ain't. There's not a lot of Bob Dylan's writing songs these days, and there sure as hell aren't a lot of Sinatra's singing them.
    Yep. A lot of rock music, inclduing a lot of rock songs that I enjoy, has been recorded by people who were not particularly gifted singers.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yep. A lot of rock music, inclduing a lot of rock songs that I enjoy, has been recorded by people who were not particularly gifted singers.
    Bob Dylan was a terrible singer. Brilliant artist, but terrible singer.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yep. I have a sister who doesn't drive because of poor eyesight, so I'm often taking her places. We constantly argue about the music on my ipod because I listen to Dylan, Neil Young, etc. She even tries to defend autotune occasionally, saying it's only bad when used by people who can sing well without it.

Bob Dylan was a terrible singer. Brilliant artist, but terrible singer.
    Whoa, what do you mean was? Bob is still with us!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Whoa, what do you mean was? Bob is still with us!
    Ah, but he hasn't been singing for years, has he? At least he hasn't been on my radar.

Ah, but he hasn't been singing for years, has he? At least he hasn't been on my radar.
    Can we still post youtube videos here?

Search on youtube for Bob Dylan- Must Be Santa
    Last edited by 919191; 09-19-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Dylan is still very much active, just like the Black Crowes. Neither are Top 40 artists anymore and hell MTV doesn't even play videos for Taylor Swift much less 'old' guys.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

For all intents and purposes the music industry and MTV died April 5, 1994 with a shotgun blast to the head.

At least I still have CD's and youtube so I don't have to watch any of this current crap. And, I'm only in my mid 20's, so it's not like I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    For all intents and purposes the music industry and MTV died April 5, 1994 with a shotgun blast to the head.

At least I still have CD's and youtube so I don't have to watch any of this current crap. And, I'm only in my mid 20's, so it's not like I'm old.
    Yep, because Kurt Cobain was music and without him things fell apart....

There is plenty of good music out there still.

Turn Off Ads?