Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 843

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

  1. #151
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    All of a sudden, .500 baseball the rest of the way doesn't seem like such a lock. The Reds are playing some bad baseball right now. The Reds don't play well in San Diego, and the Astros are playing good baseball right now. A 2-7 or 3-6 roadtrip could allow the Cardinals to get right back in this thing. The Reds need to win three of four from the DBacks to make up for today's terrible loss.
    The Dbacks will score here.. The Reds can't get by with the offense they have displayed the last two weeks.

    Hopefully the Dbacks starters struggle more than they have and their bullpen stays miserable.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    They're 57-28 this year against teams under .500. I know they're not playing well at all, and I'm as disappointed by that as anyone. But I also think going .500 the rest of the way in the 16 games left against such teams (excluding San Diego) is a fairly safe mark to expect.
    The problem is the Reds offense has lost some key cogs and they can't just bludgeon teams anymore.

    Cordero is going to be involved in a ton of games at this rate and that scares the living crud out of me.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  4. #153
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The Dbacks will score here.. The Reds can't get by with the offense they have displayed the last two weeks.

    Hopefully the Dbacks starters struggle more than they have and their bullpen stays miserable.
    Arizona has scored just 288 runs away from home this year (352 in Phoenix). They're not the same offense out of the desert.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  5. #154
    Member Phhhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,895

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Teams occasionally look like they will never win another game when they can't execute offensively. They probably should have lost all three of these games against the Bucs based on how they are hitting. Instead, they won two, and that it a testament to a starting rotation that is rounding into form at the perfect time.

    It's a 6 game lead with 19 games to go. Jay Bruce should be back soon, and most of the pen got a day off today. The sky is not falling.

  6. #155
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    Teams occasionally look like they will never win another game when they can't execute offensively. They probably should have lost all three of these games against the Bucs based on how they are hitting. Instead, they won two, and that it a testament to a starting rotation that is rounding into form at the perfect time.

    It's a 6 game lead with 19 games to go. Jay Bruce should be back soon, and most of the pen got a day off today. The sky is not falling.
    The Reds are in great position. I'm just saying that anything can happen and hopefully Dusty realizes that and does something with Cordero.

    Doesn't look likely though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  7. #156
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The problem is the Reds offense has lost some key cogs and they can't just bludgeon teams anymore.

    Cordero is going to be involved in a ton of games at this rate and that scares the living crud out of me.
    I've decided to look at it like this (after being miserable for about a week):

    The Reds have given people plenty to be miserable about for 9-10 years now. There are three weeks left in the season, and I think it's advisable to focus on what is likely to happen (which in this case is good) than dwell on what is unlikely to happen. Statistically speaking, the Reds have about a 98% chance of getting to the playoffs. I don't see a point in getting caught up over the 2% chance they don't.

    I'm not saying it's over or that the Cardinals can't come back, but that's not a good baseball team chasing Cincinnati right now and they've shown no ability to sustain the type of winning streak it's going to take just to get them in contention. Even if the Reds don't play excellent baseball, they can put this thing away.

    After 10 years of miserable feelings, it's time to get excited. If something happens in the next three weeks and they don't make it, there will be a time to worry about that. But right now, it's close enough to see, touch, smell, sense, hear and feel. I'm letting the senses guide the way.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  8. #157
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I've decided to look at it like this (after being miserable for about a week):

    The Reds have given people plenty to be miserable about for 9-10 years now. There are three weeks left in the season, and I think it's advisable to focus on what is likely to happen (which in this case is good) than dwell on what is unlikely to happen. Statistically speaking, the Reds have about a 98% chance of getting to the playoffs. I don't see a point in getting caught up over the 2% chance they don't.

    I'm not saying it's over or that the Cardinals can't come back, but that's not a good baseball team chasing Cincinnati right now and they've shown no ability to sustain the type of winning streak it's going to take just to get them in contention. Even if the Reds don't play excellent baseball, they can put this thing away.

    After 10 years of miserable feelings, it's time to get excited. If something happens in the next three weeks and they don't make it, there will be a time to worry about that. But right now, it's close enough to see, touch, smell, sense, hear and feel. I'm letting the senses guide the way.
    The reality is this: They are likely to get to the playoffs at this point. We should be happy about that. We also know that they are a somewhat flawed team with future promise. Right now they (and we) are playing with house money. If they are to get knocked out in the first round, this is only year 1 of a potential multi-year run of contention. If they are to win some October games, then friggin awesome.

    But let's not let unrealistic expectations get in the way of enjoying what this is. Look at the big picture. These guys are getting exposure to postseason type baseball while proving to themselves that they can do this. At worst, this season will go a long way towards getting these guys to the next level.

  9. #158
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,541

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I've decided to look at it like this (after being miserable for about a week):

    The Reds have given people plenty to be miserable about for 9-10 years now. There are three weeks left in the season, and I think it's advisable to focus on what is likely to happen (which in this case is good) than dwell on what is unlikely to happen. Statistically speaking, the Reds have about a 98% chance of getting to the playoffs. I don't see a point in getting caught up over the 2% chance they don't.

    I'm not saying it's over or that the Cardinals can't come back, but that's not a good baseball team chasing Cincinnati right now and they've shown no ability to sustain the type of winning streak it's going to take just to get them in contention. Even if the Reds don't play excellent baseball, they can put this thing away.

    After 10 years of miserable feelings, it's time to get excited. If something happens in the next three weeks and they don't make it, there will be a time to worry about that. But right now, it's close enough to see, touch, smell, sense, hear and feel. I'm letting the senses guide the way.

    Well said, Sir.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  10. #159
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    8,995

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Cubs up 2-0 on the Cards and Garcia in the 3rd. Jeff Samardjia (sp) on the mound for Chicago tonite.

  11. #160
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    8,995

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Senor Garcia finally falling off his tightrope. 4-0 Cubs, top of 3rd.

  12. #161
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    While the Braves are up 4-0 on Washington and the Phillies clobbering the Marlins 11-1, the Padres lead in Colorado 2-0 in the 2nd inning.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  13. #162
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    8,995

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Cubs holding onto that 4-0 lead in the top of the 6th.

  14. #163
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    San Diego leads 5-0 in the 5th in Colorado after putting a 3-spot up.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #164
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,511

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Cardinals with one in bottom 7th, now 4-1, going to top of the 8th.

  16. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,511

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Cubs have first two batters on in the 8th, first and second.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25