Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

Re: September Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Food for thought. Records since May 30th

Reds 50-40
    Astros 50-40
    Cardinals 44-44

Are the Astros actually a division contending threat for 2011?
    Have you got their record since the trade deadline? Seems to me they really began picking it up then, just after a lot of people said they'd made the worst moves at the deadline.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Doubt it. I like that kid Chris Johnson, but I just don't see any chance of that offense sustaining much success. Carlos Lee ain't getting any better. Wallace and Castro get some attention, but thus far they've been hit or miss. I'm just not seeing it with them.
    me neither. They win the Reds of the 2000s award. Great 2nd half with no pressure or expectations when out of contention by Memorial Day.

Still their turnaround has been striking. Just ask the Phillies, think they've won about 90% of their games since the Astros waxed them 2+ weeks ago.

"So Fla Red"

Astros are 23-14 since the Trade Deadline. Not counting tonight's ongoing game against LA tonight.

Only 6.5 behind the Cardinals now. Maybe they can catch them

Westbrook just walked in a run, 1-0 Braves in the bottom of 1, bases still loaded 2 out

Thanks for the updates, Tornon, stuck with the Phillies/Mets game as the Fox game here in Baltimore.

Senor Votto

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Braves right now

One thing is for sure-- the Brave approach at the plate would make Chris Chambliss proud.

They take their time at the plate and will not swing at pitches outside the zone.

RBI triple from McLouth, 2-0 Braves

Pujols ties the score on an RBI double, 2-2

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Have you got their record since the trade deadline? Seems to me they really began picking it up then, just after a lot of people said they'd made the worst moves at the deadline.
    Sometimes dumping talented but pricey players can change a Franchise's culture and improve a clubhouse... i.e. Griffey,Dunn (Oswalt/Berkman)

I never listen to experts. Experts (some from here) ripped Arizona for trading Scherzer and in the end have made out really nicely from that trade. Basically getting Hudson and Kennedy two very young and promising pitchers out of that deal. If you look at what Arizona had done they could be very good with 4 nice pitchers in Saunders, Kennedy, Hudson, Enright. Maybe move a SS for some RP here in Cincy in the off season and they might be a threat next year...

Jason Heyward just hit a solo homer. 3-2 in the 7th.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Down 3-2, Cards had the bases loaded, one out, and Pulols at the plate. He grounds out, but the run scored. Holliday grounds out to end the inning. Tied 3-3, mid-8

Braves and Cards going to extras

3-run walk-off homer for the Braves in the bottom of the 12th. Braves win, Cards lose.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Rockies just beat the DBacks on Giambi walk-off. Rocks are on fire.

Reds should hope Rockies stay in the race because the Rocks play the Cards at the end of the season. Want the games to be meaningful for the Rocks. Go Rocks.

And tonight, go Braves.

And the Cards next play the Cubs. Go Cubs.

And go Reds.

Turn Off Ads?