Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

Re: September Scoreboard Watching

The lead is down to 6 games.

The Reds could have delivered a death blow to The Cardinals this weekend but instead they urinated down their legs against the big bad Cards.

I hate, HATE depending on other teams to do The Reds' dirty work. Maybe I'm being panicky but this 6-game lead feels like nothing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

The Reds could have delivered a death blow to The Cardinals this weekend but instead they urinated down their legs against the big bad Cards.

I hate, HATE depending on other teams to do The Reds' dirty work. Maybe I'm being panicky but this 6-game lead feels like nothing right now.
    Concern is OK. Its still a nice lead this time of year, but the Reds just lost 3 of 4 while the Cards won 3 of 4. That's how comebacks start and the Reds need a win. The Reds showing some chinks in the armor and it isn't because all the LH OF are hurting. Many mocked the acquisition of Westbrook, but he's a better #4 starter than anyone in Cincy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The lead was only 5 games a week ago today. We've actually picked up a game on our lead in the last week. That may seem strange to think about after peaking at 8 games.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I would pat myself on the back, but it was all too predictable lol
    I wonder if the Brewers are going to start forbidding Coffey to throw his two seamer?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The lead was only 5 games a week ago today. We've actually picked up a game on our lead in the last week. That may seem strange to think about after peaking at 8 games.
    Agree with this, but picking up 2 games in 2 days is the kind of thing that breathes life into a team. The Reds need to win a couple games in Colorado IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Many mocked the acquisition of Westbrook, but he's a better #4 starter than anyone in Cincy.
    FWIW, since the trade, Ryan Ludwick is batting .218 and his OPS is .632.

I'd rather be 6 games up with 25 games to go than be 6 games down with 25 to play.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

We're 'sitting pretty' but it's FAR, FAR from over.

We had our foot on their throat, and we let them off the mat. IMO their season was over without that Matt Holliday home run yesterday. I knew when he hit it they were still very much alive.

The Bruce 'injury' has been mysterious, and injuries to Nix and Edmonds have really been an issue. Our OF is no threat as it stands now, truly. Those guys are nice in a platoon or off the bench but they're really not every day players. We're also missing anyone beyond Cueto, Arroyo, and Bailey in the rotation; and they have been tough luck losers lately too.

We are going to have to punch back, and soon.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

We're also missing anyone beyond Cueto, Arroyo, and Bailey in the rotation
    Travis Wood. I really think he's gonna stay solid, and is already better than Homer.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    FWIW, since the trade, Ryan Ludwick is batting .218 and his OPS is .632.
    He's playing in a huge pitchers park. I highly doubt he would have hit like that in St. Louis.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-06-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Yep. I still don't feel comfortable with this lead. A six game lead is nice and all, but this race is far from over, IMO. The Reds had their chance to put it away yesterday and failed to do so. The losses yesterday and today were both winnable games, and the Reds blew both of them. We can't just rely on the Cardinals to lose.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-06-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yep. I'm nervous right now. A six game lead is nice and all, but this race is far from over. The Reds had their chance to put it away yesterday and failed to do so. The losses yesterday and today were both winnable games, and the Reds blew both of them.
    I'm not nervous. The Reds are up 6 and have the best winning percentage in the NL. They just faced 3 of the top 7 pitchers in the NL.

nm
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 09-06-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: not a worthy remark

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He's playing in a huge pitchers park. I highly doubt he would have hit like that in St. Louis.
    I think you might be right. It is very uncharacteristic of him to be hitting that poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    I think you might be right. It is very uncharacteristic of him to be hitting that poorly.
    His stats seem to have been materially better at Petco than on the road. As ironic as that sounds.

Turn Off Ads?