Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: September Scoreboard Watching

Thought it was 11. My bad. Regardless it should have been 11 or even 9 now. Oh well.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since it doesn't seem likely the guys will clinch at home, I'd love to see them get hot and pour it on. It would be great to win the division by double-digits.

I don't care where they clinch, just clinch early enough so we can set are playoff rotation and get everybody some rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't care where they clinch, just clinch early enough so we can set are playoff rotation and get everybody some rest.
    Especially Rolen and Phillips. Rolen can't catch up to a fastball to save his life right now, he needs a blow. Phillips is clearly still battling his hand injury.

Gomes could use some rest too. In fact, I'd rest him through the playoffs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Especially Rolen and Phillips. Rolen can't catch up to a fastball to save his life right now, he needs a blow. Phillips is clearly still battling his hand injury.

Gomes could use some rest too. In fact, I'd rest him through the playoffs as well.
    Hahahaha.

Really, other than the catchers, Bruce, and OC everybody could use a blow right now. OC is 100 years old, so he could always use rest.

With Nix and Edmonds seemingly done for the year, it appears Francisco and Alonso are going to be our top 2 left handed PHs off the bench. Getting them some ABs can't hurt.

There's no doubt that Rolen and Phillips need it the most. I'd probably skip a turn for Cueto and Wood as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Take the next two against the D-Backs, a couple against the Stros and then the 1st couple against the Beer Markers, the give Rolen and Phillips both days off next Wednesday and Sunday (both games before days off).

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    This.

I want some time for the tired--Rolen, Phillips, Gomes, etc. to get a blow and a victory lap.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I love seeing the magic number go down every night but wouldn't we all feel a bit more comfortable if we were to win more than three outta ten going down the stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I love seeing the magic number go down every night but wouldn't we all feel a bit more comfortable if we were to win more than three outta ten going down the stretch?
    Precisely for this reason I'm still a long way from comfortable.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

We're 3-2 in the current 10 game stretch and one win away from clinching a winning homestand. They almost pulled the rabbit out of the hat last night after Hudson was dominating. Right now, the Rockies sweep muddies the rolling last 10 picture.

Face it, until they clinch, some folks are going to be chewing their fingers down to the nubs.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    We're 3-2 in the current 10 game stretch and one win away from clinching a winning homestand. They almost pulled the rabbit out of the hat last night after Hudson was dominating. Right now, the Rockies sweep muddies the rolling last 10 picture.

Face it, until they clinch, some folks are going to be chewing their fingers down to the nubs.
    I won't be comfortable until the Reds clinch.

This homestand has featured the DBacks and Pirates, two of the worst teams in baseball. They're even worse on the road. Anything less than a 5-2 homestand will be disappointing, IMO.

Dusty must think the Reds have already clinched or something. Check out tonight's lineup. Wow.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dusty must think the Reds have already clinched or something. Check out tonight's lineup. Wow.
    That's one heck of a middle of the order, huh?

The Cardinals have shut down Jaime Garcia for the season.

Get ready for a vaunted Lohse/Hawksworth/Suppan possible 4/5 for the Cards.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

Cardinals have officially given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

Turn Off Ads?