Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 843

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

  1. #226
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,030

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Thought it was 11. My bad. Regardless it should have been 11 or even 9 now. Oh well.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #227
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,715

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Since it doesn't seem likely the guys will clinch at home, I'd love to see them get hot and pour it on. It would be great to win the division by double-digits.

  4. #228
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    I don't care where they clinch, just clinch early enough so we can set are playoff rotation and get everybody some rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  5. #229
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,645

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't care where they clinch, just clinch early enough so we can set are playoff rotation and get everybody some rest.
    Especially Rolen and Phillips. Rolen can't catch up to a fastball to save his life right now, he needs a blow. Phillips is clearly still battling his hand injury.

    Gomes could use some rest too. In fact, I'd rest him through the playoffs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

  6. #230
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Especially Rolen and Phillips. Rolen can't catch up to a fastball to save his life right now, he needs a blow. Phillips is clearly still battling his hand injury.

    Gomes could use some rest too. In fact, I'd rest him through the playoffs as well.
    Hahahaha.

    Really, other than the catchers, Bruce, and OC everybody could use a blow right now. OC is 100 years old, so he could always use rest.

    With Nix and Edmonds seemingly done for the year, it appears Francisco and Alonso are going to be our top 2 left handed PHs off the bench. Getting them some ABs can't hurt.

    There's no doubt that Rolen and Phillips need it the most. I'd probably skip a turn for Cueto and Wood as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  7. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,715

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Take the next two against the D-Backs, a couple against the Stros and then the 1st couple against the Beer Markers, the give Rolen and Phillips both days off next Wednesday and Sunday (both games before days off).

  8. #232
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,030

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't care where they clinch, just clinch early enough so we can set are playoff rotation and get everybody some rest.
    This.

    I want some time for the tired--Rolen, Phillips, Gomes, etc. to get a blow and a victory lap.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  9. #233
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    I love seeing the magic number go down every night but wouldn't we all feel a bit more comfortable if we were to win more than three outta ten going down the stretch?

  10. #234
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,494

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I love seeing the magic number go down every night but wouldn't we all feel a bit more comfortable if we were to win more than three outta ten going down the stretch?
    Precisely for this reason I'm still a long way from comfortable.

  11. #235
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,574

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    We're 3-2 in the current 10 game stretch and one win away from clinching a winning homestand. They almost pulled the rabbit out of the hat last night after Hudson was dominating. Right now, the Rockies sweep muddies the rolling last 10 picture.

    Face it, until they clinch, some folks are going to be chewing their fingers down to the nubs.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  12. #236
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    We're 3-2 in the current 10 game stretch and one win away from clinching a winning homestand. They almost pulled the rabbit out of the hat last night after Hudson was dominating. Right now, the Rockies sweep muddies the rolling last 10 picture.

    Face it, until they clinch, some folks are going to be chewing their fingers down to the nubs.
    I won't be comfortable until the Reds clinch.

    This homestand has featured the DBacks and Pirates, two of the worst teams in baseball. They're even worse on the road. Anything less than a 5-2 homestand will be disappointing, IMO.

    Dusty must think the Reds have already clinched or something. Check out tonight's lineup. Wow.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  13. #237
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dusty must think the Reds have already clinched or something. Check out tonight's lineup. Wow.
    That's one heck of a middle of the order, huh?

  14. #238
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,371

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    The Cardinals have shut down Jaime Garcia for the season.

    Get ready for a vaunted Lohse/Hawksworth/Suppan possible 4/5 for the Cards.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  15. #239
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,716

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The Cardinals have shut down Jaime Garcia for the season.

    Get ready for a vaunted Lohse/Hawksworth/Suppan possible 4/5 for the Cards.
    Cardinals have officially given up.

  16. #240
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The Cardinals have shut down Jaime Garcia for the season.

    Get ready for a vaunted Lohse/Hawksworth/Suppan possible 4/5 for the Cards.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25