Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 843

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

  1. #541
    getting younger alloverjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Are you saying the Cards are not going to lose 3 more games? If not, what are you saying?
    He probably meant that the Reds need to win some games. Just hypothesizing, although I assume that wasn't really the reason for your post.
    This place use to be fun

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #542
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Yeesh, Blake Hawkesworth just hit square in the face with a line drive. Bad. It might have been around his mouth/jaw. Not good.
    Oh ouch! I hope he's all right. I love the Cards losing but I hate when players get injured like that so randomly.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  4. #543
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,968

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    He probably meant that the Reds need to win some games. Just hypothesizing, although I assume that wasn't really the reason for your post.
    I don't understand the statement "The Cards aren't going to let the Reds back in"...and I don't understand "I assume that wasn't really the reason...."

    Sorry.

  5. #544
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    He probably meant that the Reds need to win some games. Just hypothesizing, although I assume that wasn't really the reason for your post.
    Yeah, pretty much. The Reds can't just sit back and rely on the Cardinals to lose. The Reds need to win some games too. I want that No. 2 seed.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  6. #545
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Maybe the confusion's in the phrase "back in"--not meaning "back into it" but "back in," as in winning the division without winning the games.

  7. #546
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,968

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Maybe the confusion's in the phrase "back in"--not meaning "back into it" but "back in," as in winning the division without winning the games.
    Thats it...I didn't read it that way.

  8. #547
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,840

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    The Reds are super lucky that the Cards have stunk lately.

  9. #548
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The Reds are super lucky that the Cards have stunk lately.

  10. #549
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,067

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The Reds are super lucky that the Cards have stunk lately.
    Understatement of the year. Team is brutal to watch right now. Ugly baseball coupled with some ugly decisions.

  11. #550
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Go Cardinals opponents! Go Cubs! Go Pirates! We need you.

    What has happened to the Reds offense and defense? Both have been putrid in September.

    Three weeks ago it looked like the Reds might win 93/94 games. Now they have to finish 4-3 in their final seven games just to get to 90 wins.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  12. #551
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,466

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    The Reds have undoubtedly been horrible the last month. Fortunately, terrible runs are often followed by torrid ones. Let's hope we see a tear through October.

  13. #552
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Rangers clinched the AL West earlier, beating the A's 4-3, and Neftali Feliz setting the record for saves by a rookie.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  14. #553
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In the Ether
    Posts
    5,401

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    I saw a headline on the MLB site that said the Cards loss today 'dimmed' their playoff hopes. What are these people...on dope!?! The Cards playoff hopes are the Reds losing every single game and the Cards winning all but one of theirs OR The Cards winning every one of theirs and ALL the wild card contenders losing every one of their games. :

    Can you say 'unpossible'? The Reds really don't NEED to win any more games...the Cards will lose at least 2 of their remaining 8 games. The Reds just need to make sure everyone is as healthy as possible going into the playoffs.

    "Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

  15. #554
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Rockies won 10-9 in the 10th inning

    Tulowitzki: 4 for 5 with a single, 2 doubles, a HR and 5 RBIs
    Hes now hitting .340 with 15 HRs and 40 RBIs this month

  16. #555
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,535

    Re: September Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Rockies won 10-9 in the 10th inning

    Tulowitzki: 4 for 5 with a single, 2 doubles, a HR and 5 RBIs
    Hes now hitting .340 with 15 HRs and 40 RBIs this month
    Good, keep the Rockies in the race.

    They finish with the Cards. Just in case, would like those games to be meaningful to the Rocks so they can help the Reds. Just in case.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25