Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

Re: September Scoreboard Watching

Ian Kennedy escapes the first without giving the Giants a run. I suppose Kennedy is the D'Backs' pitcher best equipped to beat Lincecum (although Hudson has been giving him a run for the money too).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds will probably have to win out to have a chance at securing the No. 2 seed. Tonight's loss certainly didn't help, but you know what? I'm going to sit back and enjoy this regardless of what seed the Reds end up with. I'm still excited about last night. I love this team.

Just going by the box score, Lincecum isn't that good tonight.

But the DBacks still only have 1 run.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

3-run dinger for Pat Burrell. 3-1 Giants in the 4th.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Pat Burrell 3-run HR. Giants lead the DBacks 3-1 in the 4th inning.

I hate that Giants team. They really, really rubbed me the wrong way in the most recent series. And it's not the fact we lost 2/3 to them. It's something about their demeanor.

Padres lead Baby Bears 3-0.

Is that good or bad, I can't remember. :

Padres won 3-0.

Brian Wilson made it interesting but SF hung on to win 3-1.

Looks like we're getting Philly.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Why? I'm all for celebrating, but now the scoreboard really matters because it's all about the postseason.

Don't tell me you wouldn't love to have that opening playoff game in Cincinnati.
    Since it has been noted previously that homefield advantage means nothing... I hope we get games 3 and 4 in Cinci, I have leave scheduled for 5 days so I can go to at least 2 games. Unless we play Atlanta I will only be able to drive to Cinci, otherwise I will have to fly. My savings account hates the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Brian Wilson made it interesting but SF hung on to win 3-1.

Looks like we're getting Philly.
    I'm fine with this. I think we can match up well. Also the cooler weather could help keep the ball in the yard for both sides. Wood should get at least 1 start against them. I hate Oswalt and hope the Reds hang 12 on him in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds will probably have to win out to have a chance at securing the No. 2 seed. Tonight's loss certainly didn't help, but you know what? I'm going to sit back and enjoy this regardless of what seed the Reds end up with. I'm still excited about last night. I love this team.
    'ATTA BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Since it has been noted previously that homefield advantage means nothing... I hope we get games 3 and 4 in Cinci, I have leave scheduled for 5 days so I can go to at least 2 games. Unless we play Atlanta I will only be able to drive to Cinci, otherwise I will have to fly. My savings account hates the Reds

I'm fine with this. I think we can match up well. Also the cooler weather could help keep the ball in the yard for both sides. Wood should get at least 1 start against them. I hate Oswalt and hope the Reds hang 12 on him in the first.
    When did homefield advantage become meaningless? The home team wins 60% of the time. I'd rather take my chances having an extra game at home than on the road especially if we're talking the difference between playing Philadelphia and playing Atlanta or San Diego.

I read somewhere that the home team has won 24 of the last 48 post season series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I read somewhere that the home team has won 24 of the last 48 post season series'.
    Well, I hope that's accurate. I have not heard that, but if that's the case, it's encouraging.

I do think playing the Phillies in a 5-game series is better than playing them in a 7-game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I do think playing the Phillies in a 5-game series is better than playing them in a 7-game series.
    Agreed. It'd be much easier to catch them napping, possibly looking onto the next round - in a 5 game series.

I'd rather not play them at all, but if they do - this might be our best chance.

Turn Off Ads?