Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: September Scoreboard Watching

Re: September Scoreboard Watching

The Padres have to be kicking themselves over losing three of four at home to the Cubs this week. If they had just split that series they would be in pretty decent shape right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Actually if the Padres sweep and the Braves get swept the Padres would win the division and the Giants would be the wildcard.
    What if the Padres win the last two and the Braves win one and lose one. Does that mean the multiple one-game playoff scenario that was discussed?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Padres have let The Giants right back into the game.

6-4 Padres in the 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Brutal night defensively for Adrian Gonzalez. Two botched plays in the 8th inning so far. Giants trail, 6-4, in the 8th but have runners on first and second with two outs. Heath Bell is coming in for the four out save.

Bell gets Torres to ground out to Gonzalez to end the inning. 6-4 Padres heading to the 9th inning.

Freddy Sanchez leads off the bottom of the 9th with a walk. Aubrey Huff flies out to the wall in RF and Sanchez gets doubled off first base. Dumb baserunning there.

Posey grounds out to Tejada.

Padres beat the Giants, 6-4, to pull within two games of the Giants with two games remaining. Padres are now a game back of Braves in the wild card.

This is one exciting last weekend of baseball, even without the implications these games have on The Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

That was one of the dumbest baserunning plays you'll ever see by Freddy Sanchez.

Works for me, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Watching the Rays and Twins play this last week....I mean are they even trying here? You both have a chance to have the best record and it's like they have reverted to their loser type days. How the Rays even scored the 3rd most runs in the AL is baffling. They have some really terrible hitters.

The only team that seems to be playing like it knows how important this is .....would be the Phillies. Just baffling to watch really.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    What if the Padres win the last two and the Braves win one and lose one. Does that mean the multiple one-game playoff scenario that was discussed?
    Yes if that happens then we have the 3 way tie and the multiple one-game playoffs.

The best scenario for the Reds would be 2 Padres wins and 2 Braves losses. That would put the Reds against the Padres and the Giants would face the Phillies.

Yes if that happens then we have the 3 way tie and the multiple one-game playoffs.

The best scenario for the Reds would be 2 Padres wins and 2 Braves losses. That would put the Reds against the Padres and the Giants would face the Phillies.
    Yep and with Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez and Zito the Giants could match-up with Philly on the mound. That scenario would be the most likely path for Reds success. I think the Reds could take the Padres and they have a lot better chance against SF than they do against Philly IMO.

The Braves losing out is the first thing to root for.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I'm not convinced that's the best scenario for the Reds...even if we win out, we end up going to San Diego for the beginning of that series since we're 2-4 against them this season. I know we're 2-5 against Philly, but for some reason I feel like we have a better chance against them. Maybe it's the fact that our offense got 13 hits and 4 runs off Halladay already...they should have a little confidence going in.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Padres lead the Giants 2-0 in the first inning and the Padres still have the bases loaded with two outs.

3-0 Padres in the 3rd as they score on a Sandoval throwing error.

Padres just scored another run on an error. 3-0 in the third inning.

Turn Off Ads?