Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monday 9/6/10 Minor League Updates

Re: Monday 9/6/10 Minor League Updates

Lynchburg exploded for 5 in the eighth to go up 7-1. Soto is 1 for 1 with three walks. Satterwhite--I didn't realize had been called up from Dayton--is 2 for 4 with a 2B.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lynchburg wins 7-1 to finish 61-77 overall. Blair Carson and Chase Ware pitched well in relief.

Ware, I think, might be one of the more overlooked pitching prospects in the system. He was better in Dayton than Lynchburg, but overall had a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Lynchburg wins 7-1 to finish 61-77 overall. Blair Carson and Chase Ware pitched well in relief.

Ware, I think, might be one of the more overlooked pitching prospects in the system. He was better in Dayton than Lynchburg, but overall had a good year.
    I think his move to the starting rotation threw him off. If he goes back to relieving (Setup/Closing) exclusively I think he will be a fast riser next year.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    For those not watching or listening to todays game, the mascot, Buddy Bat, was tossed for hounding the umpires for a close call at first base. Pretty funny stuff.
    I was at the game. It's nice to see one of the new guys - Sean Henry - hit well and have a huge clutch hit in the game. It felt like a playoff game - the Columbus score was constantly on the scoreboard, and there was a pretty big celebration on the mound after they won! It really was an appropriate ending to an incredible come from behind season. I did not see the ejection, but I heard about it. I was wondering what happened.

Sliding Billy Hamilton with 5 more stolen bases tonight, as well as a home run. This kid has special speed!

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Sliding Billy Hamilton with 5 more stolen bases tonight, as well as a home run. This kid has special speed!
    Wow, what a night for Hamilton. 3-for-4 with a HR (#2) and 5 stolen bases to give him 48 on the season. He stole third base twice.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Billy Hamilton had a great night, yeah, but check out Jonathan Correa's night as well!

6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 11 K.

Keep an eye on Correa. The scouting reports on him are impressive.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Glad to see those 3 W's for Soto tonight. This kid may have fallen a little under the radar but there are some good things in his numbers. What he needs more than anything is to walk more. K's are quite respectable (105 in 522 AB's) for somebody with 21 HRs, needs to push up the W's (32 this year) to raise his .319 OBP. One of my personal tests is to look for 40% extra base hits, and he comes in right at the mark--kid had 56 extra base hits out of 140. Second year at High A, but he's only 21. Great candidate for a big-time breakout next year.

If Soto gets the hang of catching, he could be a Top 50 prospect as early as next season. 778 OPS out of minor league catchers isn't bad; a 778 OPS out of major league catchers, OTOH, is well above average.

Soto has the bat. I'm also guessing he will walk, as he seems to walk in bunches, then completely forget how to take pitches. His power is legitimate. It's only his position that's questionable.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Turn Off Ads?