Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price/Dusty need to make the right call

Price/Dusty need to make the right call

I was all for giving Harang a chance once he was called up and he has been given that chance and failed. It's now time for Price and Dusty to sit down with Aaron and let him know he won't start again and will only be used out of the pen in certain situations. I would go with Volquez in the spot the next time through and see how he does. That start would this Sat vs. the Pirates and if he has trouble throwing strikes I move Lecure into the rotation for the start after that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Price/Dusty need to make the right call

I love Volquez but hes been worse at times.

Volquez has had a problem with his command........Harang no longer has the stuff to get MLB hitters out. Volquez is fixable, and Harang isn't. If EV has his mechanics straight after a stint in the minors it's not even debatable about who to go with.

Aaron is one of my all time favorite Reds, but his career is over and no need to prolong the misery. Send him to the minors or DFA him tomorrow.

As sad as I'll be to see him go, it's time for Aaron to retire with some dignity left.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces Wild View Post
    Volquez has had a problem with his command........Harang no longer has the stuff to get MLB hitters out. Volquez is fixable, and Harang isn't. If EV has his mechanics straight after a stint in the minors it's not even debatable about who to go with.

Aaron is one of my all time favorite Reds, but his career is over and no need to prolong the misery. Send him to the minors or DFA him tomorrow.

There is really no need to DFA him unless we need to add someone to th 40 man and adding someone to the 40 man at this time would not make them eligible for playoffs. Since rosters expanded in September, we can simply let Aaron hang around with the team, send him to the bullpen, and only use him in mop up situations where a game is out of reach.

Aaron Harang has been toast for a long, long time.

Bye-bye!

I was one who thought Harang deserved a start, but in that start he couldn't even get out of the 4th inning. And today he didn't even make it that far, despite the Reds offense giving him a four-run cushion. I appreciate what he did for the Reds during some lean years, but it's time the Reds to end the Harang experiment.

Harang almost cost the Louisville Bats their Division Title. They were able to win it by half a game on the last day despite the two losses that Aaron Harang delivered for Louisville.

Now, with another poor pitching performance to go with a muriad of other poor pitching perfromances, Harang has the capacity for derailing the locomotive that is the 2010 Cincinnati REDS.

He needs to be no part of this team when the playoffs arrive and also needs to be used no more than once a week in an emergency situation for mop-up duty in September.

Please, Walt....don't play politics right now with the 2010 season (like Dusty's doing with Cabrera and Janish, and Dusty has notoriously done throughout his three seasons here in Cincy. I don't like Dusty Baker. He's a horrible Manager. I hope so much that 2010 is the last we see of him here in Cincy.)

Turn the page on Aaron Harang. (And, hopefully, turn the page on Dusty Baker after this season.)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was one who thought Harang deserved a start, but in that start he couldn't even get out of the 4th inning. And today he didn't even make it that far, despite the Reds offense giving him a four-run cushion. I appreciate what he did for the Reds during some lean years, but it's time the Reds to end the Harang experiment.
    He deserved this start and the last one. As a Veteran, you never know if he has the heart to turn it up a notch and compete. Harang doesn't have the heart...hasn't had it for years.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Aaron's always been a class guy.....gave a lot back to the community and I hate to see his Reds career end in such an inglorious fashion.....but he clearly has nothing left.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

At this point I'd give Maloney a shot before Harang or Volquez

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    At this point I'd give Maloney a shot before Harang or Volquez
    LeCure, Jukich, 5 Relievers, Owings, the list is endless.

Volquez needs another shot. He's the only one out of all the options that has the potential to be a playoff pitcher.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I was disappointed that they gave Harang another start.

How many times and how long to we have to go through this with him?

I hate seeing good guys end like this, but he has nothing left. Do we let him implode and ruin our season because we feel sorry for him? That's not fair to the rest of the team. Harang should also realize it and not force the issue.

I don't think Harang will get much more than a Spring Training invite from some desperate team next year. Seriously. I think he's finished.

25 games left. 5 trips through the rotation. We have Cueto, Arroyo, Bailey and Wood (hopefully he can make 5 more before he tires out). I think we'll see a Lecure start or two, a Maloney start, maybe a Leake start and lots of bullpen arms.

Turn Off Ads?