Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fox Sports Text Question (I don't get it)

Fox Sports Text Question (I don't get it)

What's the point of having a text question/poll and only seeing the results the first 2 minutes after the poll while many people are still trying to find their phones? Shouldn't there be a follow up to the text poll at least into the next inning?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Fox Sports Text Question (I don't get it)

They're silly and cliche anyways. Everything on that network that involves Jim Day is impossible to take serious these days. Him and that dental humor
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Aren't the results posted on the web site? I suspect the polls are really meant to drive traffic to the web site, rather than to solve the burning mysteries of the day.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    What's the point of having a text question/poll and only seeing the results the first 2 minutes after the poll while many people are still trying to find their phones? Shouldn't there be a follow up to the text poll at least into the next inning?
    Its a statement about our modern day ADHD society. Everything has to be right now and immediate or else it doesn't matter.

Get off my lawn.

It's about
    the ball,
    the bat,
    the mitt,
    the bases,
    and the fans

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Aren't the results posted on the web site? I suspect the polls are really meant to drive traffic to the web site, rather than to solve the burning mysteries of the day.
    Sounds about right. Still annoying though. As trivial as it may be, sometimes I'd like to know the final results without having to research it myself.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I like to repeatedly vote for an option to skew the results. Give Thom and Chris something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I like to repeatedly vote for an option to skew the results. Give Thom and Chris something to talk about.
    Thom: "Wow, 92% of fans would rather have their eyes gouged out with hot pokers than see Fukudome screw himself into the ground by swinging. I'm absolutely shocked by these results. Just shocked."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I do the same thing when I am watching the game live. It's funny to hear them try to justify the odd answers.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

<grumpy old man> Hate the text question. They cover up half the TV screen for at least a minute (while the game is being played) while showng the results to a stupid question.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Haunted by walks

They should ask questions with an edge to them: Should Janish get more playing time? Should Harang be moved to the bullpen? Whatever happened to Jared Burton?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Thom: "Wow, 92% of fans would rather have their eyes gouged out with hot pokers than see Fukudome screw himself into the ground by swinging. I'm absolutely shocked by these results. Just shocked."
    I think you nailed it, LOL
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?