Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: what is it like to live in cincy?

  1. #1

    what is it like to live in cincy?

    i have lived in the stl area for 17 years now and i hate it here.i'm looking into moving out of the area.how is the cost of living in ohio?are there decent jobs in the area.is it a safe place to live?
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Just because Tony Larussa is your manager is no reason to move.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  4. #3
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    602

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    I have lived in both cities and hands down Cincinnati is a much cleaner, nicer, safer place to live. I don't remember the cost of living being dramatically different, but I would say the edge would be to Cincy there as well.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    No disrespect to Cinci., but if you are going to move based on the things you mentioned, you can do better.
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Now if you wanted to move to see a heck of a baseball team 81 times a year. Then you would be making an excellent choice.
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Just because Tony Larussa is your manager is no reason to move.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    869

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Our football team is better than theirs.

    Another reason to move.

  9. #8

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    lol i'm not a cardinals fan just cause i live there.i'm a reds fan.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

  10. #9
    Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,933

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Job market here isn't good, Ohio has 10.3% unemployment, which is above the national average. Housing costs are reasonable. There are good and bad parts of Cincinnati, just like most other cities out there.

  11. #10

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    one of the reasons i want to move is to be closer to the reds.i am single with no kids.so it's not like i have to move me and some kids.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

  12. #11
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    I grew up in Cincinnati. It's a nice town to live in if you don't have kids to put through school because it opens up all the options of living in a city neighborhood. If I were single and moving back to town I'd look at Clifton (gaslight), Hyde Park/Mt. Lookout, East Walnut Hills, or maybe across the river in Newport, Dayton or Covington.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I grew up in Cincinnati. It's a nice town to live in if you don't have kids to put through school because it opens up all the options of living in a city neighborhood. If I were single and moving back to town I'd look at Clifton (gaslight), Hyde Park/Mt. Lookout, East Walnut Hills, or maybe across the river in Newport, Dayton or Covington.
    I second this post.

    Also, what type of job would you be looking for?

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    103

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Job market here isn't good, Ohio has 10.3% unemployment, which is above the national average. Housing costs are reasonable. There are good and bad parts of Cincinnati, just like most other cities out there.
    really 10.3 unemployment? I grew up in Cincy. I am moving back. I live in florida and unemployment here is 22.6 percent? i live in Clearwater area. Its bad here. Cincy is a great place. I would strongly suggest Blueash area or fairfield, mason montgomery over near kings island. I loved it up there.

  15. #14
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,267

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseBelongs View Post
    really 10.3 unemployment? I grew up in Cincy. I am moving back. I live in florida and unemployment here is 22.6 percent? i live in Clearwater area. Its bad here. Cincy is a great place. I would strongly suggest Blueash area or fairfield, mason montgomery over near kings island. I loved it up there.
    It would be interesting to see how unemployment breaks down in different parts of the state. Just from watching the classifieds, my guess is that unemployment is probably higher in the north, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown, than it is in Columbus and Cincinnati. Cities where the steel industry and Big 3 automakers dominate have really taken a hit.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  16. #15
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,296

    Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    It would be interesting to see how unemployment breaks down in different parts of the state. Just from watching the classifieds, my guess is that unemployment is probably higher in the north, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown, than it is in Columbus and Cincinnati. Cities where the steel industry and Big 3 automakers dominate have really taken a hit.
    I don't think the unemployment rate in Cincy is anywhere near 10%. I would imagine it is under the national rate, but am not certain. Ohio is hard hit because of Toledo, Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, and Dayton. They were too tied to the automotive industry. When you look at Cincy you have to look at the tri-state area and not pay so much attention to what is happening in Northern Ohio.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25