Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is it like to live in cincy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what is it like to live in cincy?

i have lived in the stl area for 17 years now and i hate it here.i'm looking into moving out of the area.how is the cost of living in ohio?are there decent jobs in the area.is it a safe place to live?
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: what is it like to live in cincy?

Just because Tony Larussa is your manager is no reason to move.

I have lived in both cities and hands down Cincinnati is a much cleaner, nicer, safer place to live. I don't remember the cost of living being dramatically different, but I would say the edge would be to Cincy there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Just because Tony Larussa is your manager is no reason to move.

Our football team is better than theirs.

Another reason to move.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Our football team is better than theirs.

Another reason to move.
    Getting punched in the groin is better than getting dropkicked in the groin, but neither is something you'd want.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

No disrespect to Cinci., but if you are going to move based on the things you mentioned, you can do better.

Now if you wanted to move to see a heck of a baseball team 81 times a year. Then you would be making an excellent choice.

lol i'm not a cardinals fan just cause i live there.i'm a reds fan.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

Retired

Job market here isn't good, Ohio has 10.3% unemployment, which is above the national average. Housing costs are reasonable. There are good and bad parts of Cincinnati, just like most other cities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Job market here isn't good, Ohio has 10.3% unemployment, which is above the national average. Housing costs are reasonable. There are good and bad parts of Cincinnati, just like most other cities out there.
    really 10.3 unemployment? I grew up in Cincy. I am moving back. I live in florida and unemployment here is 22.6 percent? i live in Clearwater area. Its bad here. Cincy is a great place. I would strongly suggest Blueash area or fairfield, mason montgomery over near kings island. I loved it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseBelongs View Post
    really 10.3 unemployment? I grew up in Cincy. I am moving back. I live in florida and unemployment here is 22.6 percent? i live in Clearwater area. Its bad here. Cincy is a great place. I would strongly suggest Blueash area or fairfield, mason montgomery over near kings island. I loved it up there.
    It would be interesting to see how unemployment breaks down in different parts of the state. Just from watching the classifieds, my guess is that unemployment is probably higher in the north, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown, than it is in Columbus and Cincinnati. Cities where the steel industry and Big 3 automakers dominate have really taken a hit.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    It would be interesting to see how unemployment breaks down in different parts of the state. Just from watching the classifieds, my guess is that unemployment is probably higher in the north, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown, than it is in Columbus and Cincinnati. Cities where the steel industry and Big 3 automakers dominate have really taken a hit.
    I don't think the unemployment rate in Cincy is anywhere near 10%. I would imagine it is under the national rate, but am not certain. Ohio is hard hit because of Toledo, Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, and Dayton. They were too tied to the automotive industry. When you look at Cincy you have to look at the tri-state area and not pay so much attention to what is happening in Northern Ohio.

Blue Ash, Mason, West Chester, etc etc are all fine places to live if you want to raise a family. Great schools, good tax base, good property values, stable environment, blah blah blah.

But if I were a young single guy, I'd look at living downtown in Over the Rhine, Clifton, Hyde Park, or maybe across the river in Ky.. An urban life has much to offer and particularly to singles. (like I know anything about the single life )
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm in Pasco and the job market is terrible. Worst in the state. Can't blame you for wanting to leave.

When I go back it's like I never lived there. Weird feeling-alien, as WOY put it.

Turn Off Ads?