Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday, September 7th, Minor League Updates

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Tuesday, September 7th, Minor League Updates

Mustangs batters were walked seven times. Delino DeShields was ejected in the eight inning following a Missoula infield single. Chris Berset got on base three times. Porfirio Martinez and Matt Leonard each pitched two shutout innings. Theo Bowe had two stolen bases. Dayne Read tripled, and Yorman Rodriguez had an RBI-double.

Code:
    		1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9		R	H	E
    Missoula	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0		0	7	1
    Billings	0	0	0	0	1	1	1	0	x		3	5	0 

Player		Pos	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	AVG
    Bowe		RF	3	1	1	0	0	0	0	1	1	.297
    Read		LF	4	0	1	0	1	0	0	0	0	.264
    Rodriguez, Y	CF	4	0	1	1	0	0	1	0	0	.339
    Lutz		DH	3	1	0	0	0	0	0	1	1	.286
    Berset		C	2	0	1	0	0	0	0	2	1	.253
    Lohman		SS	4	0	1	0	0	0	1	0	1	.240
    Maddox		1B	3	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	1	.071
    Santos		3B	3	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	1	.279
    Rodriguez, C	2B	2	1	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	.200
    Lotzkar		P	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.000
    Martinez, Po	P	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.000
    Leonard, M	P	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	.000

BATTING
    2B: Rodriguez, Y (7, Lara).
    3B: Read (2, Bradley).
    TB: Bowe; Read 3; Rodriguez, Y 2; Berset; Lohman.
    RBI: Lohman (30), Rodriguez, Y (38).
    Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Lutz; Read; Rodriguez, C 2; Berset.
    GIDP: Santos.
    Team RISP: 2-for-10.
    Team LOB: 8.

BASERUNNING
    SB: Bowe 2 (12, 2nd base off Lara/Aguila, R, 3rd base off Bradley/Aguila, R), Rodriguez, C (2, 2nd base off Bradley/Aguila, R).

FIELDING
    DP: (Rodriguez, C-Lohman-Maddox).

Player			IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
    Lotzkar (W, 2-0)	5.0	1	0	0	0	7	0	0.45
    Martinez, Po (H, 2)	2.0	2	0	0	2	3	0	1.67
    Leonard, M (S, 1)	2.0	4	0	0	0	1	0	3.80

WP: Lara, Martinez, Po.
    Groundouts-flyouts: Bradley 6-5, Watt 2-1, Lara 1-1, Acosta 2-0, Lotzkar 3-4, Martinez, Po 1-1, Leonard, M 4-1.
    Batters faced: Bradley 20, Watt 7, Lara 5, Acosta 3, Lotzkar 16, Martinez, Po 10, Leonard, M 9.
    Ejections: Missoula Osprey Roberto Rodriguez ejected by 1B umpire Mitchell Quandt (8th); Billings Mustangs Manager Delino DeShields ejected by HP umpire Alex Ransom (8th).
    Umpires: HP: Alex Ransom. 1B: Mitchell Quandt. 2B: . 3B: .
    Weather: 74 degrees, clear.
    Wind: 5 mph, In from CF.
    T: 2:31.
    Att: 1,807.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm really excited to see Lotzkar seemingly returning to form. He continues this next year and I can seem him moving two or three levels. As a matter of fact, I they deem him sound, it wouldn't surprise me to see him start out in A+.

Here is a photo of Lotzkar from last night's game.... suffice to say, still looks scary and we don't know exactly when it was taken in terms of his 'load', but he is still hyperabducting his arm.

Yea that doesnt look great at all.

If he then turns his elbow over to have his forearm and eye level, wouldn't that make the delivery okay? All it looks like he's doing right there is loading to bring the ball up. (Then again, maybe I'm not looking at it correctly.)

Anyone have video?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If he then turns his elbow over to have his forearm and eye level, wouldn't that make the delivery okay? All it looks like he's doing right there is loading to bring the ball up. (Then again, maybe I'm not looking at it correctly.)

Anyone have video?
    His stride is almost over and his foot is about to land. From the looks of that picture its safe to say thats not an early part of his motion plus hes still loading up above the shoulder instead of behind it.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

So what do you do with Lotzkar? Put him in the pen to limit his innings and fast track him? Keep him as a starter and hope he makes it to the majors with his arm intact? Change his mechanics and hope that doesn't ruin him as a pitcher?
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

I'd fast track him, hoping to get him to the majors fast. Then, after being in the majors, if he maintains his effectiveness and health, stretch him out over the course of a couple years. (One-inning middle reliever to long man to starter, in essence.)

He'd be expensive early in his starting career and a decision may have to made a bit early on him regarding a LTC or arbitration, but I think his arm may only have a limited number of innings at this peak.

He reminds me a bit of early career Gary Nolan.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here is a photo of Lotzkar from last night's game.... suffice to say, still looks scary and we don't know exactly when it was taken in terms of his 'load', but he is still hyperabducting his arm.
    Hyperabduction = Inverted W?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Hyperabduction = Inverted W?
    Yes/no. Hyperabduction is just getting your elbow higher than your shoulder when you 'load'.

Turn Off Ads?