Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 "Grade / Rate My Fantasy Draft" Thread

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: 2010 "Grade / Rate My Fantasy Draft" Thread

I clicked on two of these and both were "Previews" written quite awhile ago. Marshall is still listed in Denver and Vincent Jackson is a top 10 receiver. Sidney Rice is number 5 on one.

The author said of Fitzgerald:

"Fitzgerald retains the No. 2 slot in my early preseason rankings, but I’ll definitely cop to concerns about the retirement of Kurt Warner and the departure of Anquan Boldin."

Come on, man, don't bullcrap us.

Hope you are riding Larry into the playoffs. So far after one quarter Anderson is 2/5 for 4 yards LOL...
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I clicked on two of these and both were "Previews" written quite awhile ago. Marshall is still listed in Denver and Vincent Jackson is a top 10 receiver. Sidney Rice is number 5 on one.

The author said of Fitzgerald:

"Fitzgerald retains the No. 2 slot in my early preseason rankings, but I’ll definitely cop to concerns about the retirement of Kurt Warner and the departure of Anquan Boldin."

Come on, man, don't bullcrap us.

Hope you are riding Larry into the playoffs. So far after one quarter Anderson is 2/5 for 4 yards LOL...
    If you want to be lazy about it and just click on a couple that's up to you. I gave you the references you asked for...much more than you asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If you want to be lazy about it and just click on a couple that's up to you. I gave you the references you asked for...much more than you asked for.
    Dude, the 4th one down is from 2008.

People can never just say they are wrong anymore.

There is not a planet on which Fitzgerald is a top 5 WR with Anderson at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Dude, the 4th one down is from 2008.
    So, what. How does that change the other twelve that all rated Fitz as a Top-5 WR in pre-season during the summertime, which is what my statement was. And, if you want to do your own research, there's another dozen that back it up.

I already showed where Arizona's Coach said that Kurt Warner stopped throwing passes downfield beyond 20 yards early last season and as a result, Fitz lost over 400 yards from the year before. Even though he lost 400 yards, he still finished as the #2 WR last year. I showed where FFB experts stated that they didn't believe that Anderson would be a dropoff from Warner as Anderson can make the throws that Warner couldn't last year, balancing out the throws that Warner could make that Anderson can't. I also showed where Fitz played better without Boldin, had more yards and more catches throughout his career.

I proved my point. I supported what I said about Anderson and Fitz, Dom.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-26-2010 at 09:37 PM.

People can never just say they are wrong anymore.

There is not a planet on which Fitzgerald is a top 5 WR with Anderson at QB.
    Facts mean nothing to you, obviously. I'm showed you everything you need and you want more. End of subject.

This isn't some stupid trial that you're working on. I gave you plenty of evidence to support your question. If you want to ignore all of it, then be obtuse.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Current rank in NFL for Mr Fitzgerald:
    Receptions - 48
    Receiving yards - 46(t)
    Receiving TD - 11(t)

He has a ways to go if he is going to end in the top 5.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The correct comp, IMO, for Fitzgerald w/ Anderson (and/or Max Hall) as his QB is Randy Moss in "the Oakland years."

Code:
    2006: 13G / 42 REC / 553 YDS  / 3 TD
    2007: 16G / 60 REC / 1005 YDS / 8 TD
    Fitz seems to have a better motor than Moss does, so he might see some added "hustle" benefit to his numbers, but I'm not sure that's enough to make him even a Top-10 WR. I think he continues to struggle until he gets a QB that is passably accurate.

FWIW, here are the WRs who were taken ahead of him in my league:

Randy Moss
    Andre Johnson
    Calvin Johnson
    Reggie Wayne
    Greg Jennings
    Roddy White
    Miles Austin
    Brandon Marshall
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Facts mean nothing to you, obviously. I'm showed you everything you need and you want more. End of subject.
    Yeah, you posted links to fantasy rankings that were years old.

And dude- Brandon Marshall doesn't play in Denver.

Turn Off Ads?