Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-8-10. Reds @ Rockies

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: 9-8-10. Reds @ Rockies

My three days without internet access are over and that makes me happy. A win would be even better, tho.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am just going to say this. I am not a Reds' fan. I am a Dodgers fan. I have been visiting this site because I follow Chris Heisey. Having said that, I have enjoyed listening to the commentary and think this is one of the best message boards I have ever been a part of.

But my point is that you guys (and most fans I presume) are incredibly short sighted. A couple of weeks ago Jay Bruce should have been in the minors. Drew Stubbs should be in the minors. And now Brandon Phillips should be benched for good. I realize that this is obviously not the feelings of all fans, but it is interesting to be an outside watcher seeing how the mood changes so quick.

When the Reds lost to the Cardinals the first time, almost everyone had given up on the season. Some people were suggesting trading for next year. If you look at my posts I said that people were overreacting and that the Reds' were fine.

I imagine I would be the same way if it was the Dodgers. Don't read this post like I am hi-browing. I really admire the Reds' fans because of this site and if Heisey starts to play better or becomes a regular starter I may become one.

Did you notice that mu4103 did not mollycoddle us Sun Deckers? He made his point, and we took it like the self respecting, responsible Reds fans that we are.

takealeake

Would be nice to get a win tonight and all. This is what I was saying after the first loss to the Cardinals last week, that these things can quickly twirl into a slump. It's 4 of 5 games lost right now. It can just as easily spiral to 9 of 10. I'm guessing the team has taken the attitude of some of the fans, that this month does matter and keep patting themselves on the back for being up in the division without have to play hard and get wins.

I sacrificed a chicken for dinner tonight, think that will help?

here we go
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

nice start!
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I sacrificed a chicken for dinner tonight, think that will help?
    Jobu is pleased.

It just isn't a Reds game if I don't see a first pitch bunt taken for a strike...

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

you know/played with Heisey mu4103?

Stubbs on to start it.

ok. Productive out
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    I am just going to say this. I am not a Reds' fan. I am a Dodgers fan. I have been visiting this site because I follow Chris Heisey. Having said that, I have enjoyed listening to the commentary and think this is one of the best message boards I have ever been a part of.

But my point is that you guys (and most fans I presume) are incredibly short sighted. A couple of weeks ago Jay Bruce should have been in the minors. Drew Stubbs should be in the minors. And now Brandon Phillips should be benched for good. I realize that this is obviously not the feelings of all fans, but it is interesting to be an outside watcher seeing how the mood changes so quick.

When the Reds lost to the Cardinals the first time, almost everyone had given up on the season. Some people were suggesting trading for next year. If you look at my posts I said that people were overreacting and that the Reds' were fine.

I imagine I would be the same way if it was the Dodgers. Don't read this post like I am hi-browing. I really admire the Reds' fans because of this site and if Heisey starts to play better or becomes a regular starter I may become one.
    If you select quotes when emotions are spiking one direction or the other, especially during a game thread, you can come up with some pretty extreme opinions. I think all sports message boards have that in common.

yes!!!
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

takealeake

Votto baby. This is going to be our game tonight baby, lets take it.

Cmon Scotty
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?