Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Two games, same time?? (Reds, Bengals, etc.)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Live (flip between channels)

26 76.47%
  • DVR (can watch more than one game)

8 23.53%
  • VCR

0 0%
  • Sports Bar (Multiple Screens)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Vewing Habits

Reds Vewing Habits

Another poll on here has recently surprised me. So, I thought I would pose this one to get some feedback on how folks watch the Reds and other sports.

I'm a BIG DVR guy. I don't watch anything live. Reds games I start watching at about 1 hour in so that after fast-forwarding through commercials and pitching changes, I end up catching up to 'live' right about the end of the game.

With the NFL starting Sunday, I'm going to be putting both of my DVRs to task. Steelers, Packers and Reds (not necessarily in that order).

So, I guess I surprised there are not more DVR users out there. They've been available now for a long time. So... how do you view your sports?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Vewing Habits

I watch everything live. Waiting an hour is worse than sitting through commercials for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I watch everything live. Waiting an hour is worse than sitting through commercials for me.
    I hear you. It took me a long time to get used to waiting and then being 'behind' real time. But, it only took one inning of CoCo melting down before I realized how big an advantage Fast Forwarding can be.

The majority of them live.

I'm almost always home at that time of night.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    The majority of them live. I'm almost always home at that time of night.
    But why watch live (if you have a DVR)? I'm always at home game time too. But I always record it and start about 1 hour into the game. For one, I can watch a 3 hour game in about 2 hours (after fast forwarding through commercials) and thereby have time for other activities.

And for two, if I hear that 'We got zero, at King's Honda' jingle again, I'll go nuts.

I'm betting some of the younger fans may need a refresher course on what a VCR is.

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    I'm betting some of the younger fans may need a refresher course on what a VCR is.
    Indeed. Maybe a museum field trip is in order.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Marty on the radio, Bengals muted on TV.

i can't do dvr for sports.. i have to watch it live or I will just check the score. anytime i try to watch a game on my dvr, i end up just looking at the score because i can't wait to know who won

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    Another poll on here has recently surprised me. So, I thought I would pose this one to get some feedback on how folks watch the Reds and other sports.

I'm a BIG DVR guy. I don't watch anything live. Reds games I start watching at about 1 hour in so that after fast-forwarding through commercials and pitching changes, I end up catching up to 'live' right about the end of the game.

With the NFL starting Sunday, I'm going to be putting both of my DVRs to task. Steelers, Packers and Reds (not necessarily in that order).

So, I guess I surprised there are not more DVR users out there. They've been available now for a long time. So... how do you view your sports?

I'll watch the Reds game and flip during commercials to football. After the Reds I will watch football. I dvr everything but sports

But why watch live (if you have a DVR)? I'm always at home game time too. But I always record it and start about 1 hour into the game. For one, I can watch a 3 hour game in about 2 hours (after fast forwarding through commercials) and thereby have time for other activities.

And for two, if I hear that 'We got zero, at King's Honda' jingle again, I'll go nuts.
    "Here at JTM, we are Reds fans, and we hope you are too!"

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm a single guy, with no kids or really anything else to do in the evenings Mon-Thurs evening, so it works out for me, but I'm sure I'll get a DVR one of these years when responsibilities increase and what not.

I get text updates automatically for the rare occasion I miss a game. I have to watch it live or else have it ruined for me.

I do that, too.

I've had Comcast (Xfinity), Dish and DirectTV, each of them for multiple years. DirectTV is the only one who's DVR has a 30-second advance button. It's the perfect amount of time where a play ends and they are about to snap the next play.

I don't watch Baseball unless it's the REDS, so I haven't had to watch them in September since 1999.

But, if it comes to watching the REDS on a Sunday, I don't care at all to watch. For one, the Sunday lineups that Dusty puts out there are junk. For another, I just don't care. With 162 games, each individual game doesn't have the impact a single NFL game has, though with the ever-expanding season, that's beginning to change. 16 games is too many. 18 games is just plain stupid. The REDS have wrapped up their Division, so now it's just about seeding. I can catch them 6 other days when the Bengals aren't playing. It's no big deal to miss one game that has little significance.

Turn Off Ads?