Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 326

Thread: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

  1. #16
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,089

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It was hyperbole to express a point that, collectively, they have not been very productive. The two are 10-for-46 so far this month with 15 strikeouts.
    In other words, an exaggeration.

    I love how that is passed off as "hyperbole to express a point". I'm gonna remember that one for my own use someday I think.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,874

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    In other words, an exaggeration.

    I love how that is passed off as "hyperbole to express a point". I'm gonna remember that one for my own use someday I think.
    This forum is filled with hyperbole on all sides of debates every single day. The only difference is that I'm admitting to using it purposefully. Some people seem to be buying into the exaggerations they make.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    12,607

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Stubbs' OPS is down to .711 this season. That's talking about 138 games.
    Stubb's OPS has been around .700 most of the season, after a very slow start.

    It hasn't suddenly nosedived.

  5. #19
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,874

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Stubb's OPS has been around .700 most of the season, after a very slow start.

    It hasn't suddenly nosedived.
    I never said it nosedived. I said it's 'down' to .711 because last time I looked, that wasn't very productive. The league split for ALL centerfielders this year is 729. So Stubbs isn't producing very well.

    I don't care if it's nosedived or stayed almost static... .711 OPS isn't good enough from a centerfielder.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  6. #20
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,600

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I never said it nosedived. I said it's 'down' to .711 because last time I looked, that wasn't very productive. The league split for ALL centerfielders this year is 729. So Stubbs isn't producing very well.

    I don't care if it's nosedived or stayed almost static... .711 OPS isn't good enough from a centerfielder.
    Seems good enough to be on a first place team by 6 games. Good enough is relative.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  7. #21
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,874

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Seems good enough to be on a first place team by 6 games. Good enough is relative.
    You could say the same about Gomes, but it hasn't stopped people from carrying on about needing to get him out of the lineup, has it?

    By your logic, we can't criticize anyone on the team or anything about the team because they're in first place. Right?

    You were criticizing Cueto yesterday in the first inning. Leake a few weeks ago. etc. etc. Does that nullify your argument since they were in first?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  8. #22
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,600

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    You could say the same about Gomes, but it hasn't stopped people from carrying on about needing to get him out of the lineup, has it?

    By your logic, we can't criticize anyone on the team or anything about the team because they're in first place. Right?

    You were criticizing Cueto yesterday in the first inning. Leake a few weeks ago. etc. etc. Does that nullify your argument since they were in first?
    Criticizing and saying they shouldn't play are different. I'm saying it's relative based on who are the other options.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  9. #23
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,953

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    What the HECK is Gomes still doing in the lineup?!?!?! COME ON DUSTY!!!!!!
    Who else you going to put in the outfield right now?
    Most Vottomatic Player

  10. #24
    Time is the Revelator. LvJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    7,281

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Votto needs to step it up in September. Pretty awful showing by him lately.

    Carlos Gonzalez on the other hand... it'd be hard not to give the MVP to him if the Rockies make the playoffs.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

  11. #25
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Who else you going to put in the outfield right now?
    Notice the wink at the end of the post. Also, check out last night's game thread. That should clear some things up.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  12. #26
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,874

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Criticizing and saying they shouldn't play are different. I'm saying it's relative based on who are the other options.
    Well I never said they shouldn't play. Right now, there's not even a choice. They pretty much have to play. I'm just pointing out they haven't been terribly productive recently (Stubbs for the year and Heisey especially the last month)... and that I prefer they be split up in the order.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  13. #27
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,953

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    A Vottomatic RBI
    Most Vottomatic Player

  14. #28
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,352

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Reds are great again.

  15. #29
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,600

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Didn't Rolen have 17 homers by late June? Would be nice if he got hot again.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  16. #30
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,600

    Re: 9/8- Reds @ Rockies

    Rolen and Gomes both K.. Btm 1st 1-0.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator