Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The REDS will prove themselves once again Thursday Afternoon.

The REDS will prove themselves once again Thursday Afternoon.

It appears that the REDS have hit a wall.

With the Cardinals completely imploding, the REDS have been given a huge lead that's allowed them to relax.

It's only a 4-game losing streak, but it's how they've lost. They haven't been in any of them, except maybe the Harang start where they had a 4-run lead and then proceeded to leave 11 men on base from the 4th through 7th innings. They couldn't come up with the big hit.

They've temporarily lost their edge.

They're tired, and it shows.

Something they haven't done once all season is go an entire rotation and lose all 5 starts. They haven't lost 5 in a row once this year.

Their strength has been their starting pitching and their resilience. They've come back so many times and their Starters have come up big so often this year that's it's expected.

Tomorrow afternoon will be a big game to see if they can do it one more time.

I'm leaning that they do it yet, once more.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The REDS will prove themselves once again Thursday Afternoon.

Thank you, Milwaukee. Can we worry yet? Just checking. Don't wanna upset anyone needlessly.

BAKER12

It would be nice to WIN the division rather than having St. Louise lose it. Cardinals obviously have issue that are not baseball related. Reds are in a slump, Cardinals are imploding. LaRussa will be managing somewhere else next year. Hopefully not in Cincy.

The Reds were on top of the NL before this last weekend, now running into the week, and now they are starting to drop. There was a lot of talk that "the reds can lose these series, after this all losing teams for the rest of the season, the division is as good as locked" etc. etc. The post season tickets went on sale. Add to that that thr Rockies have a much better home record then a road record. (the reds have stayed fairly close to an even split home/away records) I think there is some self fullfilling prophecy going on here. As long as the Cards keep losing there is nothing to worry about. But........Dusty knows!! Dusty I think IS worried. These are the quality of teams we will face in the post season. Maybe the "must win"-ness of the post season will be the change, maybe the some rest, maybe something but it MUST be something. Because this kind of ball will not cut it.
    Nothing breeds success like success. So maybe the Reds will get some wins and then the expectation will be to win. Teams/people often live up to or down to expectations. So, if expectations and need were low going into this road trip is is no wonder the Reds have blown it. When they get home that expectation better change and they NEED to WIN the division or else we might as well watch football during the post season.

Before this current series, the Reds had won 15 of their last 21 games and had opened up a big division lead in the process. We didn't have the division handed to us - we took it. The Rockies are on fire and have owned the Reds at Coors Field for awhile now, so this series shouldn't a shock. I don't know if the Reds will get back on track today or not, because Colorado looks unbeatable right now, but we'll be fine starting tomorrow. What happened after we got swept at Philly? What happened after the STL sweep? This Reds team hasn't gone on a prolonged losing streak all season. And they won't this time either.

The Rockies are just out of their mind right now. Hopefully we build a big a lead against the pirates and the diamondbacks next and gain more games on the cards so we can rest some of our starters the last two weeks of the season

Didn't the 90 team "back" into the division title also? I think they won the title in a rain game when SD beat someone and that gave us the title..

Any concerns about a tight division race will be a distant memory after the eight game stretch that starts today in Denver.

I'm thinking we find a way to win today and then go back to feasting on inferior teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    Any concerns about a tight division race will be a distant memory after the eight game stretch that starts today in Denver.

I'm thinking we find a way to win today and then go back to feasting on inferior teams.
    I would be floored if we won today.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I would be floored if we won today.
    I would hope we could get 1/4. I wouldn't consider winning today a great achievement or anything.

sometimes i have to slap myself and say we are 6 up.. from my dissapointment and anger from watching these games you would think it was 2008.. one win would cure it though

I'm not going to freak out over the last four games, because we have proven we can bounce back time and time again this year. Especially after the August we had, best record in baseball.

Here's my real concern: we can't beat anyone who's good. Losing record against every team vying for the playoff's. This is really why this year is the learning year and the next 5 should be fun for Reds fans. We might make the playoffs, but it looks to be a quick 3 and out the way we play against good teams.

Learn boys learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I'm not going to freak out over the last four games, because we have proven we can bounce back time and time again this year. Especially after the August we had, best record in baseball.

Here's my real concern: we can't beat anyone who's good. Losing record against every team vying for the playoff's. This is really why this year is the learning year and the next 5 should be fun for Reds fans. We might make the playoffs, but it looks to be a quick 3 and out the way we play against good teams.

Learn boys learn...
    Well look at this way, last year we had a hard time beating anyone, so it is going to be baby steps. We have not been punked by the real good teams, so there is hope that with time we will improve against them.

The statement the Reds make this weekend may be the difference between them and STL. When times got tough for the Reds, they won key games. STL lost.

I sincerely hope the Reds did not prove themselves today or this season is in trouble.
    Quite frankly the Reds' braintrust has me worried. Expanded rosters and the Reds only have 3 outfielders in a pennant race? That, to me, is a real head scratcher.

Turn Off Ads?