Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The REDS will prove themselves once again Thursday Afternoon.

The Buckeye Bomber

Re: The REDS will prove themselves once again Thursday Afternoon.

I don't trust our numbers against potential playoff teams. That series against Philadelphia was gut-wrenching come from behind loss after gut-wrenching come from behind loss. Then you've got the come from behind disaster against Atlanta. Oh, and those numbers include the Cardinals, a team that has simply had our number this year despite not being as good as we are.

I think we have to make strides if we're going to go anywhere in the post-season, but I also don't think we're going to get swept in the NLDS just because our numbers against playoff-direction teams have been weak. The only way that happens is if we buy into the idea that we can't beat those teams, IMO.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds didn't prove much today. They look like they're trying not to lose instead of trying to win. They look a lot like they did in April. I hope Bruce, Leake, and Ocab come back soon.

Well the Rockies are playing out of their mind right now and its difficult for a visiting team to play in that park. The Colorado trip was a complete disaster for the Cards as well, losing two games with the lead in the 7th. This includes that 9 run abortion in the 9th inning (thanks Franklin).

You guys play winning ball against the teams you should beat so this little hiccup shouldn't discourage Reds fans. Now if you start losing to the Cubs and Milwaukee, then I would be worried.

Something to note though, do not underestimate the Astros. They have a good young ballclub and have some decent pitching in the starting rotation. They have been playing excellent ball and will be trouble for any team taking them for granted. I think they might actually be a player in the division next year.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I sincerely hope the Reds did not prove themselves today or this season is in trouble.
    Quite frankly the Reds' braintrust has me worried. Expanded rosters and the Reds only have 3 outfielders in a pennant race? That, to me, is a real head scratcher.
    They proved themselves tonight.

But, they clearly aren't out of their slump.

We have no Bruce.

Votto's birthday was today and his thoughts are back to his Dad and clearly he's not focused.

Cordero just looked like his old self. Looks like his lack of use got him out of his rhythm.

Arroyo's struggling.

Cueto's struggling.

Harang shouldn't be in the Majors and cost us two games. Someone needs to take over for him, whether that's LeCure, Maloney, Volquez, or a bunch of Relievers.

Phillips is struggling.

Cabrera's back and the Defense at Shortstop won't be good while he's back recovering from an injury.

Gomes is playing in Left Field too much and it's costing the team a lot of runs.

They've just got to find ways to win until they can get through some of the above.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-10-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Turn Off Ads?