Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-9-10. Reds @ Rockies

Re: 9-9-10. Reds @ Rockies

1, 2, 3 ... and CarGo leading off the next inning. Perfect.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    1, 2, 3 ... and CarGo leading off the next inning. Perfect.
    That was big!

Quote Originally Posted by BPhil4 View Post
    It'd make it an out?? I don't think that's right. Otherwise any fan in the first row should try to interfere all opposing players balls hit in the first row
    He's right, so long as the interference occurs within the field of play.

When there is spectator interference with any thrown or batted ball, the ball shall be dead at the moment of interference and the umpire shall impose such penalties as in his opinion will nullify the act of interference.
    APPROVED RULING: If spectator interference clearly prevents a fielder from catching a fly ball, the umpire shall declare the batter out.
    Rule 3.16 Comment: There is a difference between a ball which has been thrown or batted into the stands, touching a spectator thereby being out of play even though it rebounds onto the field and a spectator going onto the field or reaching over, under or through a barrier and touching a ball in play or touching or otherwise interfering with a player. In the latter case it is clearly intentional and shall be dealt with as intentional interference as in Rule 3.15. Batter and runners shall be placed where in the umpire’s judgment they would have been had the interference not occurred.
    No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out on the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator’s interference. Example: Runner on third base, one out and a batter hits a fly ball deep to the outfield (fair or foul). Spectator clearly interferes with the outfielder attempting to catch the fly ball. Umpire calls the batter out for spectator interference. Ball is dead at the time of the call. Umpire decides that because of the distance the ball was hit, the runner on third base would have scored after the catch if the fielder had caught the ball which was interfered with, therefore, the runner is permitted to score. This might not be the case if such fly ball was interfered with a short distance from home plate.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info...minaries_3.jsp

wood is pitching pretty good today, keeping them off-balance.

heisey looks soo confused at the plate, lately. needs a break I think.

Ok so I was thinking right. The guy would have to reach OVER the fence. Which he clearly didn't in this case.

thats a gap shot.

Janish should be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Janish should be the starter.
    ditto.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I think next year he will be

Can't give heisey a break. Have nobody else to put out there with nix and Bruce down.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    I think next year he will be
    I was thinking more about this year.

anybody think the cardinals will put up a fight with the braves this weekend? I look for 3 out of 4 for the braves.

Quote Originally Posted by BPhil4 View Post
    Ok so I was thinking right. The guy would have to reach OVER the fence. Which he clearly didn't in this case.
    Yeah, that's why I called the announcer who suggested it an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    anybody think the cardinals will put up a fight with the braves this weekend? I look for 3 out of 4 for the braves.
    The Braves are too good at home. They will take at least 3 of 4.

Turn Off Ads?