Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 9-9 Reds@Rockies, can we snap this skid please?

Re: 9-9 Reds@Rockies, can we snap this skid please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Oh well, get back at em tomorrow. Keep fighting!
    OK I have nothing against optimism and such, but goodness gracious are you serious? It might not be the end of the world, but they just got their rear ends handed to them again by choking away a 5-run lead and you can say "oh well!"

They've lost 6 out of 7, naturally to playoff contenders, and folks seem to be just fine with that.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I have never seen a 1st place team get dominated by good ballclubs like the Reds do. It's unreal.
    This. I've been holding out hope for some correction, but it's not happening. This is a 3rd place team in the east or west this year. Very sad we didn't get Cliff Lee or Roy Oswalt.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    OK I have nothing against optimism and such, but goodness gracious are you serious? It might not be the end of the world, but they just got their rear ends handed to them again by choking away a 5-run lead and you can say "oh well!"

They've lost 6 out of 7, naturally to playoff contenders, and folks seem to be just fine with that.
    No one is fine with it. What else do you want him to do? ***** and moan until the next game?
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Yeah, there comes a time for concern, and now is that time.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I can't watch. You'd figure that you get to a certain age and some stupid ballgame doesn't get to you.
    But it does. It's brutal.

I can't imagine being a player in that dugout now.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

The Cards have only picked up 2 games during that stretch. As funks go, the timing has been perfect.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    No one is fine with it. What else do you want him to do? ***** and moan until the next game?
    He's free to do what he wants. But people can get on others' case for being too 'negative' so why can't others return the favor for being too 'positive'?

I don't have a problem with optimisim. I really don't. But let's stop pretending all is just peachy.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

We play the Pirates tomorrow, we can start winning again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The Cards have only picked up 2 games during that stretch. As funks go, the timing has been perfect.
    The Cards are not very good. But I'm tired of just assuming they'll continue to default on their own loans for the Reds to gain title of the division.

I'd rather the Reds pay their own bills and win this thing going away than winning because the Cards trip over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    We play the Pirates tomorrow, we can start winning again tomorrow
    I don't take anyone for granted in September. I think that's where things will start getting real if anyone here thinks that the Reds will continue to dominate these teams just because they have to this point.

According to Baseball-Reference, for his career, Masset has the following "high leverage" stats:

58 innings
    57 K's / 27 walks
    .662 OPS against
    13 GIDP
    .228 BAA
    That's based on a computer model of what a high leverage situation is.

Besides, many of the high leverage situations that Masset pitches out of, are of his own doing.

And that really isn't much better than he does normally.

A high leverage pitcher is one whom I have confidence in to bring into a situation where you need a K, pop up or DP to survive. If I am the manager, Masset is not a guy I would have confidence in, in those situations. Letting Pierce steal home is a prefect example of how he does not handle pressure well.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I don't take anyone for granted in September. I think that's where things will start getting real if anyone here thinks that the Reds will continue to dominate these teams just because they have to this point.
    Well then why should we assume the Reds would continue playing bad against contenders in the postseason just because they have to this point?

He's free to do what he wants. But people can get on others' case for being too 'negative' so why can't others return the favor for being too 'positive'?

I don't have a problem with optimisim. I really don't. But let's stop pretending all is just peachy.
    Read are in first place by a fairly wide margin.

St. Louis has been in a tailspin for more than two weeks.

The Reds' chances at being in the playoffs is more than 97%.

Anything can happen in a short series.

Mmmmm... Peaches.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Read are in first place by a fairly wide margin.

St. Louis has been in a tailspin for more than two weeks.

The Reds' chances at being in the playoffs is more than 97%.

Anything can happen in a short series.

Mmmmm... Peaches.
    Except the Reds have played 54 games against contenders and are 21-33. That's no longer a short series.

Except the Reds have played 54 games against contenders and are 21-33. That's no longer a short series.
    I think that's where things will start getting real if anyone here thinks that the Reds will continue to lose to these teams just because they have to this point.

Turn Off Ads?