Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 9/11

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

9/11

Never forget or forgive.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/11

It's a day I'll never forget, not only for what happened in New York and Washington, but also due to deeply personal reasons involving the loss of a child and what led up to the end of a marriage. I wish there wasn't a correlation between those events and this date for me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Terrible day, but also a great moment in United States to show just how compassionate we all are when we take away the small issues that drive us to be different people. I'm still blown away when I think about how powerful the human heart is.

I was 6 years old, but I remember it pretty well.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Teaching school that morning, when my friend came by room and told me "some idiot" just flew a plane into the World Trade Center. We stopped what we were doing and turned on the news. Really weird for the next few days with no planes flying and really weird to see one fly again. I hope we as a nation haven't forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Terrible day, but also a great moment in United States to show just how compassionate we all are when we take away the small issues that drive us to be different people. I'm still blown away when I think about how powerful the human heart is.
    Hear! Hear!

By Brother was in charge of Maintenance/Security of a Tower that day about 15 blocks away. His job was to make sure everyone got out of his skyscraper safely as he secured it. He, like everyone else, ended up walking across a Bridge to get home that night (lived in Greenwich, CT). He's since passed away, so when I think of 9/11, I think of him.

I will never forget where I was when I heard the news that day. Could not fathom what I was seeing, America being attacked on it's own home land. I felt emotions that day that I had never experienced before.

I will also never forget how we came together as a country that day and the days following. It's just too bad that it seems like we are at our best only during great tragedy.

Never, ever forget!!

The oldest threads I can find on here, anywhere, are from '03. Does anyone have the thread on here from 9/11?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'll never forget even the smallest detail of that day. I was at work in downtown Cleveland when public transit was shut down, causing the biggest traffic jam I've ever seen. In the distance I saw what I later learned to be the Flight 93 turning around that would crash in PA; that image is forever seared in my memory. It was all so chaotic and emotionally draining. And, then, silence and nothingness. It was like everyone had been sucked off the streets for a few days.

When the commemoration took place at GABP last night and a plane could be heard overhead I got chills. Those of us of a certain age will always know exactly what we were doing when we heard the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    The oldest threads I can find on here, anywhere, are from '03. Does anyone have the thread on here from 9/11?

There was a board crash in the 2003 time frame and I'm almost positive that in 2001 this board was hosted on different software so that thread is likely lost to time.
    Go Gators!

There was a board crash in the 2003 time frame and I'm almost positive that in 2001 this board was hosted on different software so that thread is likely lost to time.
    Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know.

Forget? of course not? Forgive? never.

How about we remember that not everyone of Islamic faith celebrated that day.

Not being political here, just stating a fact.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

It was a day in which the world changed for my generation. In a lot of aspects you can describe the time as pre 9/11 and post 9/11. Its a day in which the reality of radical islam became the number one enemy to the western world. It was a day in which security forever changed. American no longer was able to be reactive and had to be proactive.

Turn Off Ads?