Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds first winning season in 10 years

The Reds first winning season in 10 years

I figured this warranted it's own thread. 82 wins as of tonight. Feels good, man.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: The Reds first winning season in 10 years

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Here's to you Mr. Bob Castellini!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The losing stops now!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Very sweet.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Seriously a good feeling, and it cleans out the long string of white on this chart.

This is a visual look at MLB's teams records since the divisional format was established. White represents sub .500 records, green positive, maroon playoffs, red world series.

The string of white for the Reds is the 2nd worst in club history, only falling behind the 45-55 run.

Feels great. I hope this is the first of many great years to come for the Reds.

Congratulations. It's a lot of fun to visit with you guys these days.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

huzzah.

been a long daggone time.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This is a big one folks...be sure to enjoy!

The best thing about this thread is that there are still 18 games to play and better things to talk about.It's nice to officially have a winning season wrapped up though.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It's been too long. Too many hopeless years, too many years of hoping that straw would spin itself into gold.

Now, a winning season, a young core of great players, a young stable of arms in the rotation, and a minor league system bursting with talent.

YouTube - THE BEST IS YET TO COME
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The 2000 season was a long time ago., In those days, the big hubub was Griffey and Larkin leaving early and Jack McKeon being despised around here (well, from some). Little did we know that would be the last time we'd see a winning season. From seasons through Bob Boone (with the team nearly hiring Ron Oester), Dave Miley, Jerry Narron, those were some dark days, and most of us stayed around for some unkown reason. For me it was those train rides from Prince, WV to Cincinnati and a cab to Crosley Field. It was, later in life a drive down I-64 to I-75 with my Dad to see the Reds at Riverfront and an overnight stay at the Sheraton-Gibson Hotel. Even later, it was frustration and more frustration and I somehow got to be as old as I am without losing the fascination for my baseball team--the Cincinnati Reds.

It just took so long that I almost gave up. Three years ago, I was so disgusted that I almost devulged myself of every Reds artifact I had. Then, I found a picture of my Dad in a Reds cap with what was a very young me on his lap and it all came back. Once a Reds fan, always a Reds fan. Many here may get disgusted with my sometimes negative attitude, but you have to remember. I've been there since 1961 (the first year I can remember). I've seen pennants and frustration. I've seen the Reds trade Frankie Robinson for a worthless Milt Pappas. I've seen Pete come back to play and manage and nothing come of it. I watched as the 1990 team did the impossible and win it all in an improbable season. Then I watched Marge bring us to respectablility and then destroy the same team. I live through Carl Lindner (or however you spell that non-fan's name) and John Allen. I watched as O'Brien foundered and Krivsky tried to make us the Minnesota Twins without success. Then came Bob Castellini, who promised the losing would stop. We laughed as we failed time after time. Finally, we assembled a team under the professional eye of Walt Jocketty, who nver tips his hand and his decisions, which don't always work out, but come close, has brought us a winning season. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

I'm confident that we will make the playoffs this year, and what happens after that is gravy. But the future is bright and I'm a happy man now into my 6th decade. Humor me, you young fans. I've seen it all and know what bad things can happen along the way, But this is special. And BCast and Jocketty assembled this team and I say kudos to all.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

With each day my level of caution lowers and outright giddiness gains a bit more ground. This is happening...

Turn Off Ads?