Turn Off Ads?

Thread: R.I.P. Lost Decade

R.I.P. Lost Decade

you will not be missed.

CINCINNATI REDS LOST DECADE
    2000-2009
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: R.I.P. Lost Decade

This is one of those funerals where the only reason you go is to make sure it's really dead.

So long, Lost Decade. You lengthened my forehead, you grayed my hair, you raised my blood pressure and you drove me to drink.

2010 will forever live in our hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

I really can't express how I feel right now. My tenure as a Reds fan really started in 2000 when I was 10 years old. Through those 10 years I've proudly wore my Reds gear and waited for a day like this. Really can't believe that I'm getting to see the Reds have a winning season and possibly go to the playoffs
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I really can't express how I feel right now. My tenure as a Reds fan really started in 2000 when I was 10 years old. Through those 10 years I've proudly wore my Reds gear and waited for a day like this. Really can't believe that I'm getting to see the Reds have a winning season and possibly go to the playoffs
    Pretty much in the exact same boat.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Pretty much in the exact same boat.
    Ditto. This whole season has been surreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This is one of those funerals where the only reason you go is to make sure it's really dead.

So long, Lost Decade. You lengthened my forehead, you grayed my hair, you raised my blood pressure and you drove me to drink.

2010 will forever live in our hearts.
    Like Crazy Aunt Louie who is really Aunt Louise.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Man, you guys are making me feel really old. I was 14 in 1990 when they won it all. At the time, when I thought about me at 35, I thought that I would probably have seen the Reds play in a couple more World Series by now. I'm going to cherish playoff baseball this time, let me tell you. Never know when it will come around again.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Man, you guys are making me feel really old. I was 14 in 1990 when they won it all. At the time, when I thought about me at 35, I thought that I would probably have seen the Reds play in a couple more World Series by now. I'm going to cherish playoff baseball this time, let me tell you. Never know when it will come around again.
    You feel old? Heck, when I was 14 the Big Red Machine hadn't won their first series yet. I was spoiled by those times and never imagined having to endure such a long down period. Glad its over.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I was 10 in 1990 and I feel old. Granted, it's with tykes like Redsfan320 running around that helps do that.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Granted, it's with tykes like Redsfan320 running around that helps do that.
    . Wow. "Tykes". I take offense to that.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post

seriously, I have an old Reds shirt i wear under my softball shirt that is 12 years older than you. It's threadbare and a little tight around the middle, but it brings me luck.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post

I would have too, LOL. In 15 years, you'll realize how on the money that seems.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Just to give credit where it's properly due, I believe it was Cyclone who first used the term "Lost Decade" around here.

By the time I was 16, the Reds had won 2 World's Championships and played in 5 WS in my lifetime. I thought they'd rule the baseball world all the rest of my life!

Now that I'm older, I take more time, stop, smell the roses, and breathe it all in. This doesn't happen every often, and I'll not ever take it for granted again.

Turn Off Ads?