Turn Off Ads?

Thread: When will "it" happen?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When will "it" happen?

I am not going to say what "it" is, because I don't want to jinx it, but we all know what I am speaking of....so below is the remaining games...which game do you see "it' happening on?

Sept 20 at Milwaukee
    Sept 21 at Milwaukee
    Sept 22 at Milwaukee

Sept 24 at SD
    Sept 25 at SD
    Sept 26 at SD

Sept 28 home vs. Houston
    Sept 29 home vs. Houston
    Sept 30 home vs. Houston

Oct 1 home vs. Brewers
    Oct 2 home vs. Brewers
    Oct 3 home vs. Brewers

Or do we get 'it" on an off day of Sept 23 or Sept 27th?

Re: When will "it" happen?

I'm hoping for Sept 28. I want it to happen with them winning at home. I'll be calling off work the next day.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I'm hoping for Sept 28. I want it to happen with them winning at home. I'll be calling off work the next day.
    What he said.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I'd like to see them do it at home. If not, I'd like a bit of a miracle and see them do it on the 20th or 21st. I'll be at both of those road games.

It really wouldn't hurt the team if the Cards actually stayed in it a little longer so the team would play for more fire for home field advantage

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    It really wouldn't hurt the team if the Cards actually stayed in it a little longer so the team would play for more fire for home field advantage
    No, I want the falling of the Cardinals celebration to last for a few weeks.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    yeah me too.. i want a new shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    No doubt. My best friend is a huge Cardinals fan, and I want 'it' to happen as soon as possible. It would be great for it to be at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am not going to say what "it" is, because I don't want to jinx it, but we all know what I am speaking of....so below is the remaining games...which game do you see "it' happening on?

Sept 20 at Milwaukee
    Sept 21 at Milwaukee
    Sept 22 at Milwaukee

Sept 24 at SD
    Sept 25 at SD
    Sept 26 at SD

Sept 28 home vs. Houston
    Sept 29 home vs. Houston
    Sept 30 home vs. Houston

Oct 1 home vs. Brewers
    Oct 2 home vs. Brewers
    Oct 3 home vs. Brewers

Or do we get 'it" on an off day of Sept 23 or Sept 27th?
    I'm saying 9/24. Looks just about right if the Reds and Cards play to their season averages.

I think Sept 26 or 27. I can see the Cardinals going 6 - 7 or 7 - 6 over the next 13 games. I can also see possibly the Reds only going 6 - 6 over the next 12. One more loss by the Cards or win by the Reds could swing it a day or so earlier.

I think arizona may have at least one game they will win this current series (2 - 1 for remaining 3). The astros are very tough lately and the games are on the road (1 - 2). Milwaukee has enough to win at least one of the 3 (2 - 1) and the Padres are home at a big ballpark with good pitching (1 - 2).

The Cardinals I believe will win the remaining 2 with the Cubs (2 - 0), Split with the Padres (2 - 2). I think they lose to the Marlins in the makeup on Monday (0 - 1), beat the pirates (2 - 1) and then lose the Cubs series in Chicago (1 - 2).

That should leave around a week before the end of the season and a full week+ before the start of the playoffs.

I think it will be the Phillies with the best record with the Rockies or Giants winning the West. The Wildcard is up for grabs between the Braves, Padres and Rockies/Giants loser.

I agree with the Cardinals prediction of 6-7 or 7-6 over the next 13. But, I feel that the reds will win almost every series in between. I don't feel as if Arizona has a chance in this series, we've dominated them all year. The Reds are 7-2 vs the Astros this year, Stros going 1-5 at home vs the Reds this year. I can't see anyway the Reds don't win 2 out of 3 there. Same with Milwaukee, I can't see anything besides at least 2 out of 3. The only series I think we'll lose between now and then is vs the Padres. I'll just say that we'll lose all 3. This would put our record at 6-5 for the next 11. If the Cardinals go 6-7 over that span, then we should be league champs by the time we hit the stros at the end of the month.

I'm hoping for the 29th...I've got tickets for tomorrow, the 29th, and Oct. 1, so my hope is for entirely selfish reasons.

Cards are Toast. September 25th.

Turn Off Ads?