Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Dusty needs to do

What Dusty needs to do

He needs to man up and do what is in the best interest of the team and bench Phillips and Gomes an Rolen for some games over the remainder of the season so they can heal and get back on track.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Dusty needs to do

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    He needs to man up and do what is in the best interest of the team and bench Phillips and Gomes an Rolen for some games over the remainder of the season so they can heal and get back on track.
    uh huh

I am very confident in having Valaka and Cairo in the lineup, not so much Heisey, would rather take my chances with Gomes...at least he does pose a dangerous threat on any given night. Gomes is one I look to break out in the postseason, just call it a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    uh huh

I am very confident in having Valaka and Cairo in the lineup, not so much Heisey, would rather take my chances with Gomes...at least he does pose a dangerous threat on any given night. Gomes is one I look to break out in the postseason, just call it a hunch.
    Break out of what? Gomes is not a good player. He had a hot month and has lived on that the entire season. Heisey brings much better defense and a much better chance of getting on base.

Break out of what? Gomes is not a good player. He had a hot month and has lived on that the entire season. Heisey brings much better defense and a much better chance of getting on base.
    What a month it was though...much more than a lot of aspiring MLBer ever got to.

Mr. May

Gomes played way over his head in May, so we're likely getting all we're going to get from him since. Phillips and Rolen are much bigger concerns right now, in my opinion.

Heisey brings much better defense and a much better chance of getting on base.

With his amazing .323 OBP

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    With his amazing .323 OBP
    I will take that over what Gomes is giving me. Heisey can get on via the bunt and other things, Gomes needs to a PT player at best.

Day after we clinch:

SS Janish
    C Hanigan
    1B Alonso
    RF Bruce
    3B Francisco
    2B Valaika
    LF Heisy
    CF Stubbs

I agree that we should rest our starters ASAP, especially Rolen/BP.

I agree that some rest is needed. Dusty just needs to make sure they aren't rusty when day 1 of the playoffs comes.

I certainly would rest Cabrera, Rolen, for like 3 straight days after they clinch. No reason to not let Valaika, Janish, and Francisco get those ABs. Rolen and Cabrera dont need to play down the stretch. I do play Rolen and Cabrera in the last series and probably sit them on the last day of the season. Basically if we clinch with 6 days left in the year they sit the next 3, and play 2 of the next 3.

I play Miller every day, pulling the starting catcher after 6 innings every night.

I give Phillips days off. I also probably give Votto any day off unless he says no. Hes going for MVP so if he doesnt want to sit I'm not making him.

In the OF id give who ever wants a day off or isnt completely healthy a day off.

I'd also throw a whole bullpen day with Maloney, Lecure, Fisher, Smith, and who ever else other than Chapman, Rhodes, Masset, and Cordero. It would allow them to skip a start of someone and set up their playoff rotation.

Baker's thoughts on this very subject:

"There are two trains of thought on that," Baker said. "You want to play them so they stay sharp. But you don't want to play them to the point that they carry injuries into the playoffs either. Hopefully we can get this thing done pretty soon and I can give guys a day or two off. Joey [Votto] hasn't had a day off."

More here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post

"There are two trains of thought on that," Baker said. "You want to play them so they stay sharp. But you don't want to play them to the point that they carry injuries into the playoffs either. Hopefully we can get this thing done pretty soon and I can give guys a day or two off. Joey [Votto] hasn't had a day off."

More here.
    Just reading what that man says gives me a headache...

just curious since the Reds are the only team i follow day to day. Do other teams around the league continually run out players that are not 100% or are in obvious need of a day off? Is that a league wide thing or just a Dusty thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post

More here.
    Hey, Dusty, you're not likely to get this thing done pretty soon running lineups out there like the one you have going tonight.

Turn Off Ads?