Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Re: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Mine's a rejected band name. I've never been in a band.
    Mines from my old band "The Road Pops". We called beer roadpops in front of our kids, and the same thing for illegal carry out after hours or on Sundays (IN). One more for the ditch....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds = Reds
    Man = I am a Man
    Rick = My name is Rick

Complex, huh? This actually v2. My email address and logins elsewhere are TheRedsMan. It was taken on some board, so I added some specificity.

Though I occasionally post as RMR on other message boards when I'm feeling lazy and/or don't want to reveal my fandom.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    The significance of my user name is that I apparently have the imagination that God gave a turnip. My first name is Rich and lo and behold, I'm a Reds fan.
    I thought it was because you wear so much rouge, Rich.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Nickname I got when I was a kid, the origins of which I do not remember but for some reason it stuck throughout my entire youth. Still pops up when hanging with old high school friends. The 11 is for Barry Larkin, because apparently I thought it was possible for someone else to use "guttle".

Man, feels like a bunch of Paul Harvey stories in here.

"Aaaand now you know...(pause)....the rrrrreest of the story."

Brutus = Pimp. I am neither a pimp nor named Brutus, but that has no relevance here.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My name is Boyd and I love the Boys of Summer.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

when i first started posting on line anywhere i was hesitant to use my real name. you know, in case some weirdo started stalking me.
    A few years later it seemed a bit silly. So now I usually post my real name (Brett William Moore) under my username (Will M).

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    when i first started posting on line anywhere i was hesitant to use my real name. you know, in case some weirdo started stalking me.
    A few years later it seemed a bit silly. So now I usually post my real name (Brett William Moore) under my username (Will M).
    Regarding my posting on message boards, my mother just recently asked me "You don't put your real name on there, do you?"

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Mine started off as a joke on the old Reds board. I was trying to create a parody by being the brother of the poster we used to have named Don Heffner (after the former Red).

I want to say Don Heffner was the first incarnation of Mike De La Hoz. If you aren't aware of who he was, he had a very odd posting style that incorporated the use of obscure Reds players. My idea was to emulate him, yet instead of using forgotten Reds players, I just started posting in his style but randomly dropped the names of 70s and 80s celebrities and game show hosts.

Combine this with the fact that Dom Deluise was one of my favorite 1970s celebs, and the name was created.

I still get a kick out GAC calling me Dom...
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-16-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Somebody should start a thread about the old Reds board...some of the stuff that went on there was a freaking hoot.

I may or may not know something about that Nuxie character.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Tasty beer with the name 'Red' in it.
    I had always though the hook had to do with the golf shot.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Bob Borkowski was a player for the Reds during the early to mid-50s and that was the era that is burned into my brain forever. I was a kid of 10 or so and would follow every game pitch by pitch. I lived and died with them (mostly died, they weren't very good back then).

Anyway, my real first name is Bob so when I joined the board the first former Red I thought of who had that name was BB.

He is still around and living up around Dayton. Our own Roy Tucker is related to him by marriage.

Mine is an easy one. I grew up in the community of Cumberland, Ky in the mountains of eastern Kentucky and I am a Reds fan, of course.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I had always though the hook had to do with the golf shot.
    Me too.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

gonelong has nothing to do with baseball.

I was following a stock on a message board and decided to post something when I purchased the stock. Picked gonelong because that is what I had did with the stock.

GL

Turn Off Ads?