Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I went to Ohio State and am a Buckeye's fan. Shortened it to bucksfan and added the 2 because it was the number of my favorite Buckeye Mike Doss. Also it didn't hurt that Malcolm Jenkins adopted the number as well.
    Mike Doss was a good one.

I always figured the significance of the "2" was because someone already had "bucksfan" as a username.

Learnin' things left and right here.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Being both a history buff and a Reds fan, years ago I thought that "Reds Baron" would be a good nickname for a Reds player, referencing both the team and Snoopy's WWI nemesis. No Reds player was ever so nicknamed, so I adopted it as my username.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I used oneupper as a username when I first signed up on eBay. I use it all over the place now and actually own the oneupper.com, org and net domains.

I'm thinking of changing my real name to Oneupper Ochocinco.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources had a now defunct message board, it was for deer hunting. My name was the unwieldy LoganBuckStalker, which was often shortened to LoganBuck or LBS for responses. I didn't like the idea of the abbreviation for the word "pounds" being my name. I use Loganbuck on many boards. Logan for Logan county.

Some people think that because I am also an OSU fan that I chose it for that reason. Not true.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The significance of my user name is that I apparently have the imagination that God gave a turnip. My first name is Rich and lo and behold, I'm a Reds fan.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Mike Doss was a good one.

I always figured the significance of the "2" was because someone already had "bucksfan" as a username.

Learnin' things left and right here.
    You are half right. Years ago when I was registering a user name for forumns, aol, etc. a lot of your basic names were chosen. I figured bucksfan was already going to be in use, it was, so I figured I would add a number behind it. So I picked my favorite player's number.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The term "Caveat Emptor" got thrown around a lot in law school. Figured I'd put my own spin on it and call it a username.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Redsfan= pretty obvious, I'm here ain't I. 320= my b-day. 3/20.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Oh, and if he reaches 1st base tonight (he's in the lineup), I'll join the Willie FREAKING Bloomquist Fan Club.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Roy Tucker is the main character in several John R. Tunis book (The Kids From Tomkinsville, The Kid Strikes Back, etc).

I read these books when I was a kid and absolutely loved them. But what struck me was that I went back and read them again and again and got more out of them each time I did even up through my adulthood. I thought the Roy Tucker character embodied so many values from those books. So I took on the moniker.

I found this NPR interview where they might as well have interviewed me since I would have said the same things...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...80&ft=1&f=1051
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Long time ago on the old Prodigy BBs I was known as CathyOH for my regular login but KittyDuran for the Duran BBs. When the AOL/Internet/WWW came about CathyOH was already taken, so KittyDuran stuck around.

Cathy (Catherine) is my real first name (as members who get a PM from me know) and I've been called Kitty (or Kit) by some ever since kindergarten. Duran is for Duran Duran (the music group) - and yes, I'm still a fan!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

TRF is short for Transplanted Reds Fan" which i used on the old cinci.com board. unfortunately, because of the font used, someone faked my nick with a capital I instead of an l and flamed the board. Some of you were there then, i was apologizing for a week at least.

Thank god that board died.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

A common misspelling of the Klingon home world from Star Trek.

Also, apparently a vampire hunter
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071276/
    Go Gators!

919191 has no significance other than I had just been introduced to the internet, and it was something I thought I could remember. It's something I always thought was a poor choice.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

High five!

Can anyone guess mine?

Turn Off Ads?