Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Re: What is the Significance of Your Username?

I went to Miami, and I love to fish. Pretty easy! I am redhawk fisherman on other boards , bit when I tried that here, it said that name was too big so I shortened it to "redhawkfish."
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Some great stories here.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I thought it was because you wear so much rouge, Rich.
    Note to self: don't trust Johnny F. with a secret.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

My name is Sonny

And yes, that's my real name. My social security number is... wait a minute! you almost got me there!
    Witty signature.

I was simply looking for an obscure Reds player name to use, and the glorious summer of 2003 had provided plenty of options, since anyone with a pulse was brought in the help fill out the roster. I considered Jim Chamblee and Mark Budzinski, but Serafini had a great quote complaining that he could've been a 15 game winner had the Reds given him a chance (ironic considering he won 15 games in his career) so I went with him. I have to say it's served me well, since years later he still keeps popping up in odd places (Mexico, Japan, the independent leagues, even a brief cameo with the Rockies a couple years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I was simply looking for an obscure Reds player name to use, and the glorious summer of 2003 had provided plenty of options, since anyone with a pulse was brought in the help fill out the roster. I considered Jim Chamblee and Mark Budzinski, but Serafini had a great quote complaining that he could've been a 15 game winner had the Reds given him a chance (ironic considering he won 15 games in his career) so I went with him. I have to say it's served me well, since years later he still keeps popping up in odd places (Mexico, Japan, the independent leagues, even a brief cameo with the Rockies a couple years ago).
    When I first joined, I thought you were the actual guy. True story. I eventually figured it out.

You're not alone. I've gotten a few PMs from people asking if I was him. Afraid I'm not, I'm not even this guy: http://serafinisays.blogspot.com/200...u-see-and.html. Actually, I'm glad I'm not that guy, he has to spend life as a Cubs fan.

When I first joined, I thought you were the actual guy.
    Wow. I thought so too, until 30 seconds ago.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Oh, and thanks for adding me to THE CLUB, TBL!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I like the ganja.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

When I first joined, I thought I was really in the know because I knew the name of a Reds prospect, so I made my name Homer Bailey. True story. I'd do it over probably if I had the chance.

Still a Homer fan, but I knew little to nothing about him when I made the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    When I first joined, I thought I was really in the know because I knew the name of a Reds prospect, so I made my name Homer Bailey. True story. I'd do it over probably if I had the chance.

Still a Homer fan, but I knew little to nothing about him when I made the name.
    I found out a little while ago that the mods can actually change your username should you so choose. I know this is how people know you, so you may not want to, but it can be done to the best of my knowledge if you want it.

It is how people know him, BUT if he kept the same avatar for a while, and changed his member title/ signature/ both to something like "Formerly known as Homer Bailey", he'd probably be okay.

George Foster is The Man.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    George Foster is The Man.
    He is, but he also sounds like Mike Tyson/12 year old girl. Not that I don't either, but its still funny to see such a big man sound like that.

Turn Off Ads?