Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: What is the Significance of Your Username?

Re: What is the Significance of Your Username?

I picked mine because when I joined, Sean Casey was my favorite player, and he rules. lol
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm just glad I didn't go with "D'Angelo for MVP" or "Eric Milton for Life".

Incase you were wondering, I am not the friendly lady who tells you to hang up and try again if you make a misdial on the phone.

When I registered I actually had no idea what to make my name, so I looked to the left, looked to the right - and saw a Brant Bjork & The Operators CD staring at me. So I went with "The Operator". What a saga!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

A Norse saga at that!

My last name and 14 because I once heard a decent player once wore #14 for the Reds...I forget his name though

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

My last name and 14 because I once heard a decent player once wore #14 for the Reds...I forget his name though
    Are you Kevin, the former Bengals punter?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    Are you talking about the guy who played third base? That would be Willie Jones, who wore #14 for the 1960 Cincinnati Reds...

Attached Images Attached Images  

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

This thread has been a rousing success...I hope people continue to participate...and I want to know what RANDY did. Mysterious fellow.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I lurk and participate on alot of message boards and I always thought it was cool when posters would use the name of a sports star as their username. When I found this site I wanted to honor my favorite team the BRM by using one of their names as a username. After tossing around all the names Pete, Johnny, Tony , Davey, Joe etc.. I couldn't make a decision because I liked them all. Finally I decided on George Lee "Sparky" Anderson as my username in large part because not only is he a HOFer but from my few experiences meeting him and corresponding thru the mail to be a very great person. Personalities mean little to me when judging a professional athlete but in this one case I just found Sparky and his personality to be the clincher for my decision.

I could have went with just "Sparky Anderson" as my username but I chose "George Anderson" instead. My thinking was if you are truly a Reds fan then you will know who George Anderson was.

I also am glad I didn't consider a username like "the umpire" or "ump". I barely got voted into Org and I am sure using the name honoring a Reds favorite like Sparky helped me get the needed vote or two to get me over the hump and voted into Org. I am almost sure if I had a username like "the ump" that I never would have got in because no on would vote for the ump.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Edabbs is a hybrid of my first and last name and 44 was the number I used in most of my life for sports.

The reason why I wore the number was because of a guy who I loved in grammar school who played for my favorite team at the time, a supreme talent who never truly lived up to his potential due to injury problems. It also helped that he played my position.

Oh yeah, the fact that Eric Davis later wore the number gave me additional reason to wear it through HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Are you Kevin, the former Bengals punter?

Haha I am not him but he is still the Bengals punter not former.....I am a Browns fan but I still root for him because it's rare to see Huber's in professional sports. :

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Haha I am not him but he is still the Bengals punter not former.....I am a Browns fan but I still root for him because it's rare to see Huber's in professional sports.
    Yeah, my bad about the "former". Oh, and you're a Browns fan... GO AWAY!!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

When I was a young kid Razor Shines played for the Indianapolis Indians. For some reason he was very popular, my friends and I assumed it was because he was an AWESOME player. Eventually as I began to understand the basics of stats I slowly realized that he wasn't awesome, he was horrible (from a pro standpoint). He was old and under performing in triple AAA.

For the next couple years I tried to convince my friends that he was not that good, but I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about. Then one night after a game we got to meet him and get his autograf, he was really nice and seemed to genuinely like kids. So I stopped ragging on him after that.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

"RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZOOOOORRRRR SHIIIIIIIIIIINES!"--Indy PA announcer
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I never got the whole thing about Razor Shines until I was watching The Reds play The Mets this year and somebody hit a foul ball down the first base line, and Thom said "...and Razor Shines has that one."

I said "Wait a tick, isn't that a guy from Redszone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Turn Off Ads?