Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when did you think the season turned around?

when did you think the season turned around?

at which point? I truly believe it was the last game in the series out in san fran, we had given up I think a 8-0 or something lead and then they went ahead and we came back, and showed alot of heart and things have been right with the world since?

what is everybody's thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: when did you think the season turned around?

San Fran is a good one.

Recovering after the 4 game Philly sweep, also bouncing back from the horrible loss to the Braves where we imploded, and staying afloat after the St. Louis fiasco last month.

April against SD. Season completely turned and been uphill ever since. The other selections were good though, many times this year meltdowns would have buried a team but this one rebounded nicely, on several occasions!!!

August 13th. Coming off a sweep at the hands of the Cards, the Reds reeled off 7 wins in a row.

That sent a clear message that this team was not going to fold in the face of a little adversity.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    bouncing back from the horrible loss to the Braves where we imploded
    This one.

Never thought it was gone to turn it around. My answer would be the final out of last season, they decided we werent going to accept losing anymore.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I thought it turned for the worst when they were swept by St. Louis in Cincinnati. To be honest, I thought that was lights out. Glad i was wrong!

there was never anything to 'turn around'. i would say there were games that assisted in building this teams confidence, like winning after blowing the game in Atlanta and winning the game 3 in SF and such, but we were never out of it.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

I think it was the 5-0 loss to San Diego on April 24th (I was at that game). I later learned that Dusty had a closed door meeting with the guys and they proceeded to win Sunday's game against San Diego and then went to Houston and swept them...once they found out what winning was like, everyone became hungry, it was contagious...and here we are almost ready to clinch in September!
    "I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    April against SD. Season completely turned and been uphill ever since. The other selections were good though, many times this year meltdowns would have buried a team but this one rebounded nicely, on several occasions!!!
    exactly what I was going to say

I don't see any great turning point other than a mostly consistent season (except for September so far) and everyone else in the division playing poorly either in the beginning or the end.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000 View Post
    I think it was the 5-0 loss to San Diego on April 24th (I was at that game). I later learned that Dusty had a closed door meeting with the guys and they proceeded to win Sunday's game against San Diego and then went to Houston and swept them...once they found out what winning was like, everyone became hungry, it was contagious...and here we are almost ready to clinch in September!
    Yep. That was also about the time they moved Phillips out of the cleanup spot and put in Rolen. Dusty has never looked smarter.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

in my opinion it was the sweep at oakland. after getting swept by Seattle we could have tanked and closed in on .500.. but no, we swept the A's and made it an even 3-3 road trip on the west coast.. that was HUGE

For me, something changed the first series of the season, in the first inning of Mike Leake's first game. I believe he loaded the bases with none out and then retired the side without a run scoring. I felt a spark right then. A new energy. I felt like this team was fresh and maybe just maybe we had hope for both this season and the immediate future. Not just because of Mike Leake, but because we had other young, talented players on the way too. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly, and this team has had it's ups and downs, but it's shown great resiliency and has gotten better and better as the season progressed. Except for the sweep at Philly just before the break, the sweep at home against STL, and the recent road trip to STL and COL, this team has been remarkably consistent. The future is bright.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

After losing two of three to St. Louis to start May the Reds won 2 of 3 against the Mets (both wins in extras) then 2 of 3 against the Cubs and a sweep at Pit. Since then the Reds have been over .500 and in either 1st or 2nd place. This season got great at the beginning of May.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Turn Off Ads?