Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was there on cincy.com back in late 1990s?

Who was there on cincy.com back in late 1990s?

I believe it was Dom Hefner who suggested a thread about the old cincy.com board that took off in the late 1990s. I was there with the same user name. Anyone else around from those days?
    Last edited by Spitball; 09-16-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who was there on cincy.com back in late 1990s?

I was there for quite a while. I remember Don Heffner and his whimsical prose.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I showed up at the very end(or at least the end before Redszone began.) Gawd it was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I posted occasionally under the name "marcshoe". After most had abandoned the board, I went back and saw that it had become even more ridiculous than before and posted that maybe the board should be shut down, then opened back up after a rest, which had worked for another board I was on. Someone answered that the baby shouldn't be thrown out with the bathwater, and I responded that there hadn't been a baby in that dirty water for a long, long time.

That was my last post there.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I started there in early 1999 under a different name and left when I joined here. The Bengals forum was actually not that bad for a while, but the Reds forum had deteriorated quite a bit.

I believe it was on that Bengals forum where the term Fed Ups was coined for disgruntled Bengals fans. There was someone who posted as Craig S (I think) who made great posts, but left for reasons I don't remember.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

yep. It was nirvana for a west coast reds fan...even with all the knuckleheads
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    yep. It was nirvana for a west coast reds fan...even with all the knuckleheads

Yeah, me too. After many years of having no Reds fans to talk to it was very sweet.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I was there. I even responded to a number of "Whiffey is not your savior" posts.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Since I was just born in '96...

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

It wasn't too bad if you didn't feed the trolls or laughed at the Griffey bashers. I actually preferred it to RZ in the early days because I was established there-didn't need to prove myself. IIRC, wasn't it shutdown after 9/11 because the Enquirer needed the extra bandwith for the coverage?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I was there as Running Man. Got sick of it and quit posting/looking, thus didn't find out about Redszone until a little later than most of the folks who went over when it started.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Yeah, me too. After many years of having no Reds fans to talk to it was very sweet.

I thought that was because all of them died of old age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

TRF was there, but as transplantedredsfan.

joined in '99 during ST.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I stopped by, but hung out at Fastball.com, smaller crowd, less noise, probably a tad more stats centric.

Turn Off Ads?