Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who was there on cincy.com back in late 1990s?

Re: Who was there on cincy.com back in late 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Was it Richard Hand, or maybe I'm thinking of some one else, who was single and living in his Mom's basement?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that was his story. I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    I think he once mentioned he lived in his mother's basement...which made me feel kind of sorry for him...until he picked another fight with me.
    Does anyone remember the Lincoln Meyer character who appeared in a few episodes as a neurotic witness/kidnapper on Boston legal? He was exactly what I imagined Richard hand to be like.

Funny thing is, he had a few good ideas. He argued that Bowden would cost the Reds a chance at post season play by trading a series with the White Sox for an additional three games against the Indians in interleague play.

Well, if Bowden really did make make such an agreement, the Reds lost the series to the Indians and ended up out of the post season when they lost the playoff game to the Mets.

Richard was right but had stomped off mad a month or so before and wasn't around to gloat...which he would have loved.
    Last edited by Spitball; 09-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

This thread has the sound of Peyton Place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This thread has the sound of Peyton Place.
    Hey, we have not even come close to touching on the sexual drama yet. Whew! Have we got stories there.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I was just following the game thread for tonight's game when the rally onion was called for. It reminded me of the 1999 version which was (as I recall), "May the Wetzel be with you."

Was that it? I know it had something to do with Wetzel (later to be known as Johnny Vandermere).

I was just following the game thread for tonight's game when the rally onion was called for. It reminded me of the 1999 version which was (as I recall), "May the Wetzel be with you."

Was that it? I know it had something to do with Wetzel (later to be known as Johnny Vandermere).
    ochre remembers one that actually worked for a while.

Savafan thinks he knows which one you're speaking of.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Savafan thinks he knows which one you're speaking of.
    Spitball is a bit confused.

Spitball is a bit confused.
    The Operator thinks they must have talked in 3rd person as a good luck charm?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Krono is quite sure they did, and it did not work.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Krono is quite sure they did, and it did not work.
    VR thinks it worked for a while. There were a couple other victory inducing rituals that consumed the game threads for awhile...anyone remember them?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

The Operator thinks they must have talked in 3rd person as a good luck charm?
    Yeah pretty much. 320 wasn't on the board then, but he's seen enough archived threads to figure out this is something Raisor started during one of the bad spell's the Reds were going through several years ago.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    he kicked me off his Little red Wagon newsletter...
    He afforded me the same honor. But I go back to fastball.com with WOY, M2, Princeton, Krusty, Brad and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    He afforded me the same honor. But I go back to fastball.com with WOY, M2, Princeton, Krusty, Brad and a few others.
    He didn't like it when I started forwarding his e-mail reports to banned guys. Of course he found out and banned me. I seem to remember being banned twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    He was on the CincinnatiReds.com board under the name PRose14. That's where I spent most of my time before Redszone, and most of that time was spent debating PRose14 about Dunn. Although I took it lightly ... most of the time.

I went back to the mlb.com boards lately to see what he was up to, and last I saw he was badgering Nationals fans about how bad Dunn is. His hatred of Dunn has reached stalker levels.
    Boy, wait until Dunn finds a third team. Yowsers.

Lurked from 2002-2005 around here. Never posted on cincy.com
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    There were frequent references to the Dayton board in those days. Was that fastball.com?
    Last edited by Spitball; 09-30-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?