Turn Off Ads?

Thread: rants and questions....

rants and questions....

well more like thoughts and questions....

it's pretty evident that Harang has slipped off the grid 'cause i haven't even seen a post about his injury if any.....coulda missed it

why do I find myself actually caring if Jim Edmonds can get off the mat when I despised the guy just a short time ago...go Hollywood!

just got back from Vegas and the Reds were at 11-1 odds to win it all but I just couldn't pull the trigger for some reason....they were 8-1 by the time I left...the Rockies were at 40-1 and I admit I flinched

why does John Hart on mlbnetwork have to tell us to "listen" or "look" before every sentence that scoots out of his piehole?

I wonder how many sinus infections Cal Jr. had over the course of his career?

Does Ryan Braun remind any of you of the Geico googly eyes or is just me?

is it my imagination or did Chris Welsh actually turn into a commentator this season?

been reading the never ending "LF" thread and for my money I'm good with going into next season as is...Gomes getting the bulk of time with Heisey playing all over and a part time platoon with either Nix or Edmonds...many dismiss it but enthusiasm can't be bought or manufactured

finally if things work out perfectly I'll be sitting at "The Ted" with my Pete Rose jersey on for game 3 watching the Reds clinch a first round playoff victory and i'm checking to see if any of you have my back! (my Freel jersey is at the cleaners)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: rants and questions....

Ah, a BCubb protoge!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Ah, a BCubb protoge!

No one will ever compare to BCubb! They will die trying.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

No one will ever compare to BCubb! They will die trying.
    Oh, I know. That's what I meant by "protoge", as in "apprentice" or "underling" or "inferior". :

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Braun looks like this

Haunted by walks

Shucks, guys, I'm just trying to help the team. These remind me of Scrap Irony's Thoughts at the End of the Night, from years ago. I enjoy them.

BCubb: Gracious reply. I always enjoy your posts.

GA: I know you don't post often but I always look forward to your posts as well and wish you would do so more often. So, let me reply to some of your comments:

Harang: I think everyone on this board (and probably Aaron himself) knows that his career is hanging by a thread and that it's highly unlikely that after Oct. 3 he'll ever put on a Reds uniform again. His usage in Milwaukee was the role that he was perfectly suited for but if his injury keeps him off of the field it's a non-story. I like Harang as a person; for several years he was almost the only guy the Reds had that could give them a chance to win. I hope a change of scenery (if he gets that) will help him.

As for Edmonds, if he can help the Reds win even one more game I'm all for it. Doesn't mean I like him any better though.

As for LF, I can see the scenario you posited happening. The Gomes option is cheap, the Heisey contract is cheap and the odds of landing a 'big bopper' in LF are both long and expensive. The money/trade possibilities are better spent at SS, IMO.

I hope you get your game in Atlanta---for some reason I think that the Reds have a better outlook with them. But, I don't know, I just think that the WC is coming out of the West (unless the Reds can take out the Pads this weekend). If the Reds can sweep the Pads this weekend they will be doing themselves a big favor on many different levels.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?