Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds lose high A team

Reds lose high A team

According to Jonh Fay: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...h-a-affiliate/

I would love to see a team in the California League.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds lose high A team

It's exceptionally rare for someone to go from High A to the majors, so I don't mind them in California. It was nice though that they could visit all their teams in essentially 2 days.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Resident PED Expert

John Fayl needs to familiarize himself with the Reds Minor League System. Called the High A team the Mudcats.

-The Insider-

lol good call, idiot.

How do you lose an entire team? Some heads are gonna roll.

I am sure that the players would rather be in California with a new affiliate with the Reds but this gives us a whole nother reason to hate the Braves.

-The Insider-

I never heard good things about Lynchburg from the players.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRoseBelongs View Post
    I am sure that the players would rather be in California
    Ever been to Bakersfield?

I tried to walk the streets there once, but I tripped and fell. I had to tell Buck he was right all along.

no sir never been in bakersfield

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

no sir never been in bakersfield
    The park and facilities are among the absolute worst in the minors.

oh damn well that isn't good and doesn't sound worth it. If i missed it i am sorry, but what happened with Lynchburg? Was that a mutual decission. Is it that the lease ended and the reds wanted something in particular? or was Lynchburg fed up with the Reds? I just don't understand getting rid of the Reds for the Braves unless it is a fan base thing

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

oh damn well that isn't good and doesn't sound worth it. If i missed it i am sorry, but what happened with Lynchburg? Was that a mutual decission. Is it that the lease ended and the reds wanted something in particular? or was Lynchburg fed up with the Reds? I just don't understand getting rid of the Reds for the Braves unless it is a fan base thing
    The player development contract with Lynchburg ended this season and they were unhappy about not getting a major league exhibition game and the lack of talented players. The Reds landing in Bakersfield (everyone's last choice) shows the Reds' dearth of talent between rookie ball and AAA.

Wasn't Bakersfield the team Edinson Volquez got banished to when the Rangers wanted him to turn around his attitude, cut his hair, wear his hat a certain way, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    The player development contract with Lynchburg ended this season and they were unhappy about not getting a major league exhibition game and the lack of talented players. The Reds landing in Bakersfield (everyone's last choice) shows the Reds' dearth of talent between rookie ball and AAA.
    I had wondered if the Reds had dangled a major league exhibition in front of the Lynchburg brass when negotiating early on. Edd, I'm assuming by your post you know that to be fact that Lynchburg had requested an exhibition game? Very curious.

Frankly, it appears to me the Reds did a very poor sales job in Lynchburg. I guess this is Terry Reynolds' area of responsibility. The Reds played and exhibition game in Carolina year before last and they could have offered to do the same in Lynchburg. Tout the pipeline and what the next couple of years look like. Given next year may be slow, the following could be entertaining in Advanced A for Cincy.

On the other hand, the Reds may have been shut out from the git-go. I would love to know how this all went down.

Turn Off Ads?