Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Reds worst playoff team ever?

2010 Reds worst playoff team ever?

I love me some Reds but I have to believe this years team has to be one of the worst playioff teams in history. I mean this year the playoffs for the Reds are just a bonus because no one thought they would be here. But this team isnt put together very well at all. They have no leadoff hitter an Dusty only plays 2 outfielders most nights. They have the weakest #4 hitter in baseball an there baseball knowledge as a team isnt there.

I feel they will make the playoffs because theres no one in the division that can catch them. If they were 40gms left in the season No i dont think they make the playoffs but with so little games left they will.

Also there players are slumping(choking) very badly right now. Votto is the man and he hasnt did anything in over a month. Rolen has been absent since the All-Star game. Phillips checked out when he got hit. The only players that are playing is Caberra an Hannigan/Hernandez. AN dont get me started on the pitching staff. This teams pitching is awful. So they are luckly making the playoffs which is a good thing but will be sweep in the first round.

Now with the bonus season over the Reds need to put a team on the field next year that can win a championship. They need a true #1 pitcher, bullpen help, a OF with power, and a leadoff man. They need to shed some money somehow and add some guys that will help in the payoffs. So the Reds are winning but not lately an they will suffer for it in the playoffs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 Reds worst playoff team ever?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I love me some Reds but I have to believe this years team has to be one of the worst playioff teams in history. I mean this year the playoffs for the Reds are just a bonus because no one thought they would be here. But this team isnt put together very well at all. They have no leadoff hitter an Dusty only plays 2 outfielders most nights. They have the weakest #4 hitter in baseball an there baseball knowledge as a team isnt there.

I feel they will make the playoffs because theres no one in the division that can catch them. If they were 40gms left in the season No i dont think they make the playoffs but with so little games left they will.

Also there players are slumping(choking) very badly right now. Votto is the man and he hasnt did anything in over a month. Rolen has been absent since the All-Star game. Phillips checked out when he got hit. The only players that are playing is Caberra an Hannigan/Hernandez. AN dont get me started on the pitching staff. This teams pitching is awful. So they are luckly making the playoffs which is a good thing but will be sweep in the first round.

Now with the bonus season over the Reds need to put a team on the field next year that can win a championship. They need a true #1 pitcher, bullpen help, a OF with power, and a leadoff man. They need to shed some money somehow and add some guys that will help in the payoffs. So the Reds are winning but not lately an they will suffer for it in the playoffs.
    This is a ridiculous thread, i'm sure a team thats 20 games over .500 is the worst team ever in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    They need a true #1 pitcher, bullpen help, a OF with power, and a leadoff man. They need to shed some money somehow and add some guys that will help in the payoffs. So the Reds are winning but not lately an they will suffer for it in the playoffs.
    Only part of this I agree with is the #1 pitcher. Bruce, Stubbs, and Gomes all have great power.

I agree with this, it's sad at how we are playing right now, a good playoff team or a sign of a great playoff team would finish the deal. our team right now is just not doing nothing right now, our offense has been quite dead lately but, with gomes homerun tonight it seems better but I don't know...

I just have alot of questions to why aren't we playing better?? is it dusty...I will never know.

Resident Hustleman

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    No.
    ^^^^^^^^

Some of you guys keep forgetting how young and inexperienced this team is. It's a huge achievement for them to have the division title almost wrapped up with two weeks left in the season. Can you forgive them for not peaking every single week of the entire 162-game season? Just a week ago this same young Reds team had the best record in the National League, but now they're the "worst playoff team ever"?

OMG

Some of you guys keep forgetting how young and inexperienced this team is. It's a huge achievement for them to have the division title almost wrapped up with two weeks left in the season. Can you forgive them for not peaking every single week of the entire 162-game season? Just a week ago this same young Reds team had the best record in the National League, but now they're the "worst playoff team ever"?

OMG
    wrapped up??? we will be lucky to get in with the way we are playing man.

Remember the 8-8 Arizona Cardinals from a few years back? They won 6 of their games against the weak NFC West, and were being called the worst team in NFL playoff history. They looked awful in their final regular season game against the Patriots, even worse than the Reds look now. Well that team came a last minute catch away from a Super Bowl. It just shows that once the playoffs start you never know what could happen.

OMG
    That's not the OP question.

We're not a playoff team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    We're not a playoff team yet.
    keep playing like they have and they won't be either.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Worst Playoff Team Ever...

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

And they won the World Series.

Just a terrible pitching staff. But they got hot in the post season.

If the Reds win one more game this season, they will be better than the 2006 Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    keep playing like they have and they won't be either.
    If the Reds go 2-12 the rest of the way, the Cardinals would have to go 10-6 to win the division. I just don't see the Cardinals playing over .600 ball the rest of the way. And that is with the Reds only winning 2 more games.

If the Reds go 7-7, the Cardinals would have to go 15-1.

Anything is possible, but this is highly improbable.

oops, accidental post... carry on

Turn Off Ads?