Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Reds worst playoff team ever?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: 2010 Reds worst playoff team ever?

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I love me some Reds but I have to believe this years team has to be one of the worst playioff teams in history. I mean this year the playoffs for the Reds are just a bonus because no one thought they would be here. But this team isnt put together very well at all. They have no leadoff hitter an Dusty only plays 2 outfielders most nights. They have the weakest #4 hitter in baseball an there baseball knowledge as a team isnt there.

I feel they will make the playoffs because theres no one in the division that can catch them. If they were 40gms left in the season No i dont think they make the playoffs but with so little games left they will.

Also there players are slumping(choking) very badly right now. Votto is the man and he hasnt did anything in over a month. Rolen has been absent since the All-Star game. Phillips checked out when he got hit. The only players that are playing is Caberra an Hannigan/Hernandez. AN dont get me started on the pitching staff. This teams pitching is awful. So they are luckly making the playoffs which is a good thing but will be sweep in the first round.

Now with the bonus season over the Reds need to put a team on the field next year that can win a championship. They need a true #1 pitcher, bullpen help, a OF with power, and a leadoff man. They need to shed some money somehow and add some guys that will help in the payoffs. So the Reds are winning but not lately an they will suffer for it in the playoffs.
    I think the title of this thread is extreme. Worst playoff team ever? Very harsh label.

But there are other parts of your post I agree with. I have mentioned in other threads pertaining to the offseason, how I would tweak this lineup/roster.

1. We have better 1 thru 5 starting pitching than most teams, but don't have a true ace. A topnotch 1 thru 3 is all you need in the playoffs.

2. I've been clamoring for going out and getting a tablesetter for next season for a long time. BP hasn't been the same since injuring his hand yet Krusty keeps running him out there.

3. Rolen is worn down and I've stated that another quality bat to hit behind Votto is a necessity next season. I also think Francisco should platoon with Rolen as the LHed 3B option. Rolen playing 100-110 games and Francisco playing the rest.

4. We need a legit bat and legit defensive outfielder in LF. They could be the bat behind Votto I spoke of in #3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    That's not the OP question.
    There's only one question in the OP's post, and it comes in the subject line: "2010 Reds worst playoff team ever"? That's what I was replying to.

The Buckeye Bomber

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Who would ask such a question? If you make the playoffs, and I am virtually positive we will at this point, then you are a playoff team - end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Worst Playoff Team Ever...

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

And they won the World Series.

Just a terrible pitching staff. But they got hot in the post season.

If the Reds win one more game this season, they will be better than the 2006 Cardinals.
    I remember Rolen in an interview a month or so back, where he mentioned this, as the year before was a much better team. '06 Cards got hot and the rest is History. Truthfully, we may have to hope a similar result, but there is also a good chance Reds end up with at least the 2nd best winning pct. among NL division winners.

Worst thread title ever.

A bad playoff team is better than a good non-playoff team. Enjoy the ride.

And since we make it to the playoffs so often - this is a bad thing right?

Guys you have to crawl before you can walk. This is not a perfect baseball team - but wow, what strides they have made this season and are in a position to be good for long time.

Why don't we let it play out before we give it a label.

Okay - now back to the sky is falling and this team sucks and the manager is an idiot and the owner is cheap crap.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    And since we make it to the playoffs so often - this is a bad thing right?

Guys you have to crawl before you can walk. This is not a perfect baseball team - but wow, what strides they have made this season and are in a position to be good for long time.

Why don't we let it play out before we give it a label.

Okay - now back to the sky is falling and this team sucks and the manager is an idiot and the owner is cheap crap.
    I think you covered every b---h post out there.

Yes. The team that leads the National League in runs, OPS, and BA is the worst playoff team in history.

Turn Off Ads?